Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS TUES ODAT!

Good morning friends and readers. No shopping for me today. I am wearing my new skinny jeans and my high heels today. The heels are a little much for all day but I brought a pair of flats to change into. I just need to make sure I can dance the night away in them, and so far so good.

What is everyone up to?

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS TUES ODAT!

Good afternoon. Saw your FB pic---dancing the night away!! Your jaunt will be here soon. Do enjoy. No shopping for me--I am still on hiatus.

Major allergy woes---it is that time of year for me--but yuck!!

I did flip through and saw the Q had their Christmas sets up!. It isn't even the end of October! Heard a rumor my town is getting a Costco, Hobby Lobby and Target. I told the source on the Target rumor that one had been going around town for YEARS---at least ten!! Will see. A few years ago we had the rumor of Sam's. That hasn't/didn't happen!.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Well, my day is off to a lousy start. It was pouring like crazy all night, and I brought the dogs in - it wasn't cold out, but it was windy and I thought the wind might blow the rain onto the back porch. I got up around 6 a.m. to let Honeybun out, and when I got up myself and went to put Autumn out, found that I can't open the back door - I don't know if the wood is so swollen from all the moisture or what, but the key won't even turn in the lock. (I have a deadbolt that requires keys on both sides, since the back door has a window in it.) I have no idea of what to do about it, beyond putting some WD-40 in the lock (I have some around here someplace); hopefully that will take care of it. The front door works fine, but the dog food, my freezer, kitty litter, etc are all on the back porch, and it's a PITA to drag the things I need to the front, rather than just step out the back. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

LindaR, I've been seeing Christmas stuff in Dollar Tree and even Walmart for the last couple of weeks. That's part of the reason why I hate Christmas - it's gotten so darned commercialized, and the meaning of it has become lost. They start with their sales spiels and decorations so early that by the time the holiday arrives, it's anti-climactic.

Nothing special planned for today; I have to see if my WD-40 is in the garage, then I'll stop by the post office. Other than that, it's just putzing around the house, getting cleaning done.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Oh I know I went into Dollar General a few weeks ago and they were putting out the Christmas. I agree----we have totally lost the ""reason for the season"". It isn't just a big ""gift grab""!. Good luck with your lock issue.

Esteemed Contributor

RC, Jeans & high heels. How cute. It is good that you can still kick up your heels as they say. Does your DH dance? My DH could polka really good but all I was good for was playing the polka music. Polka music is very popular around here.

Linda R, Hope your allergies are soon gone. I am on a shopping hiatus too. No time & I don't need anything. 2 good reasons to not spend money foolishly right now. Plus DH & I are trying to buy a new vehicle, if we ever have time to leave home for more than two hours at one time. You might be able to do all kinds of fun shopping if those stores come to your hometown.

FGH, We got about 2" of rain last night & it has rained most of the day & probably again tomorrow. By then we will need Noah's Ark. "Good thing our home is up high. I hope your lock problems are over soon.

DH & I went to a celebration of life at noon today., It was a gal that we used to go to church with many years ago. They were married 56 years so I know her DH will really miss her. She has had many health problems over the years so it nice knowing that she is now with our Lord. Her last health problem was pancreatic cancer so lots of pain with that.

My day started off on a good note as the 7:00 eye drop duty was done by one of mom's neighbors. I could finally really sleep good last night as I didn't have to worry about the alarm not going off. I never sleep good when I am on an early morning schedule. I did go to mom's at 9:00 for eye drops & then on to the clinic for more drops. DH went over at 11:00. We went to the funeral & went to mom's at 1:00 & then back for lunch with friends. Another of mom's friends is going at 3:00. My brother is coming up at 5:00 & I am taking them supper. Then I don't have to go back until tomorrow at 9:00 as he will do the rest of this evening. I figure it doesn't hurt him to know what has been going for the last 17 days. I am trying to take care of myself so I don't get some kind of a "bug" that I don't want to deal with.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Twinny, DH will 2-step with me a little, he is actually the one who taught me how to dance. He will get out there a little bit with me but us girls will dance with each other as well.

Linda I need to be on hiatus. I got my credit card bill yesterday and left it out on the counter. I considered making a copy for my computer and my calendar at work, just to remind me. I've paid for all that I charged but it made me a little sick seeing all those transactions. They said it rained here pretty good on Saturday. I couldn't tell. I know the allergies are bad - my throat is still scratchy some mornings and that old AC unit is long gone so I am suspecting the post oak.

Twinny I'm glad you got to sleep a little late. These eye issues sound so awful. It's strange how something seeming so innocent can result in such a hassle and pain. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself.

I've had my shoes on all day and haven't needed to change. I haven't gotten in much walking, that is the secret. Will have to practice actually dancing I suppose. Smiley Happy

Work is good, I'm finally getting caught up and need to re-do some filing and "make it pretty".

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Thank you for starting the thread. Those credit card statements can be quite a shock, especially if not monitored frequently.

Twinny--I'm glad that you have found some help with your mother so that you can have less stress in your life. Now, if the agency will begin to delivering services.

LindaR--Allergy time is a difficult time for those who suffer from allergies. We have what we call the "Ohio Valley Pain." Basically, many people here have allergies but when gone from the Ohio Valley they have relief from allergies, sinus attacks, etc.

Arlene--The push for Christmas sales has been in force for several weeks with some putting out Christmas decorations, etc. before Halloween. I just ignore it as Christmas is a non-event for me except for the religious significance.

I subbed at an elementary school today where I taught common core math to special education students in the fourth-grade. I was amazed how easily and accurately they could do double digit division without calculators using the common core method. It is a different method that works with some people.

I decided I didn't need the Ripka earrings and bought yesterday's Shark TSV instead. Yes, I have a Dyson but the Shark might be good for quick pick ups that doesn't require me to get the Dyson out of storage. I will know better once I get the gadget. I also decided against a planned purchase in favor of the Shark as the planned purchase plus the Ripka earrings equaled the Shark price.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. I don't think that I could walk around much in those shoes, much less dance in them. But, they are cute on you for sure.

I do a weekly review of charges, etc., but sometimes it is a bit upsetting to get the bill in the mail. Glad that I am able to pay the bill in full every month, or I would be very upset.

Probably a good idea to cut back on shopping every now and again.

Sounds like you may have a lot of new stores in your town LindaR. There have been rumors around here for quite a while as well, but no Home Depot or anything has appeared. Sorry about your allergies.

Sorry to hear about your door problem Arlene. Hope you can solve that problem easily. No rain around here -- beautiful day for sure.

Glad you are having "light duty" with your Mom today twinny. It still sounds like you have a very busy day. Condolences on the loss of your former church member, but it is good that she is free from pain now.

Happy you had a good day Jean. Hope you like your Shark when it arrives.

Waves to Marijane, Karen, Gayle and all of our posters and readers.

DH's back seems much better today. He didn't walk with me this morning, but he is planning to go to the gym with me in a few minutes. The senior lunch program went well -- nice to see my buddy again. DD still hasn't heard about her test results, but she is dong fairly well. And, DGS is doing fine.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda