Respected Contributor

Coach launches new "Peanuts" line

Can't say I care for this - might be nice for teens, but I don't think teens should be carrying purses that cost several hundred dollars. I never saw the point of adults wearing clothing or accessories more suitable for children...

Snoopy gets a chic makeover from CoachYellowBag

Modal Trigger
SnoopyBlackBag

Co

The Peanuts gang never looked so good!

The iconic creations from Charles M. Schulz’s imagination will soon be embossed on handbags and other luxe leather goods in an exclusive collection for Coach.

Launching at Parisian boutique Colette on Oct. 13, the Coach x Peanuts line will be available on coach.com starting Oct. 24 before hitting select Coach stores on Nov. 1. Featuring an array of handbags, including totes and satchels, the collection also consists of key chains, wallets, T-shirts and even a black leather doll shaped like Snoopy himself.

“Peanuts and Snoopy were a rite of passage for a generation and continue to be so emotive,” says Coach creative director Stuart Vevers, who also notes that he keeps a joyful image of the charming beagle in the studio. “I was intrigued by the idea of taking that image and playfulness but subverting it.”

The pieces in the collection are available in select muted hues —with the exception of a Woodstock yellow satchel — and all come with a numbered storypatch indicating that the item is from the limited edition collection.

Click through the gallery above to see Snoopy, Woodstock and the gang as you’ve never seen them before.

You can see the gallery at this link.

Honored Contributor

Re: Coach launches new ""Peanuts"" line

Well, if that doesn't spell the demise of the line, I don't know what does. Coach went to the dogs long ago, and this proves it! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

Please...I sincerely doubt that there are teenagers out there who want a Peanuts Coach Bag. Or Peanuts anything.... I'm sure those bags a meant for older women looking for something fun and whimsical. But truly....I think Coach missed the mark.

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 chrystaltree said:

Please...I sincerely doubt that there are teenagers out there who want a Peanuts Coach Bag. Or Peanuts anything.... I'm sure those bags a meant for older women looking for something fun and whimsical. But truly....I think Coach missed the mark.

ITA.

And while I agree they missed the mark, it hardly spells the demise of their brand.

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me or anyone on my gift list

Honored Contributor

I bought my first Coach back in 1978..I have lots of classic Leather designs. All this change makes me sad....very sad. Today's throw-away generation bast*rdized this beautiful brand. Shame.

Super Contributor

Ridiculous bag.....

Respected Contributor

I like it. And the one with Snoopy hugging Woodstock is precious.

Trusted Contributor

I saw where OPI came out with a Peanuts line, too.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

Coach no longer holds the status it once did. They are sold in Tanger Outlets at very low prices. Michael Kors is another designer bag that everyone has now because they are cheap at the outlet stores.

Every one you see in Myrtle Beach carries a Coach or MK.

I got rid of most of mine because they are so cheap now and no longer the ""status"" symbol they once were..

Don't worry, be Happy!