Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Today is the day, I get my new washing machine (boy do I need to get a life), my old one bit the dust on Friday and I still have clothes that need washed. Not much going on here today, trying out a crock pot minestrone soup recipe, so we will see how it goes. I do have some cleaning to do, but just not feeling the love to do it, I guess I will have to force myself.

I do have to finish reading my book, it is call No One As Witness, it is an murder mystery type and it is very good. But the weird thing is, it a thick book but it feels like it has taken my 6 months to read it. I am a fairly fast reader but you can sit of an hour or two and read and it seem like you only read 30 pages.

Well off to get some caffeine and do something constructive here, hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us stated Susan. Getting a new washer would be a big deal for me -- I know, I need to get a life as well. I can definitely relate to both your lack of cleaning love, plus taking too long (in my opinion) to read a book. The book we are discussing at bookclub today "Boys in the Boat" took forever for me to read. Others really loved the book, just don't know why that happens sometimes.

Waves to Jean (called to work!), Kathleen, Arlene, twinny (good luck with your Mom), Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Gayle, Rosa, Val, Nancy, Jules, Sonya, Kathy, Gina, and all of our posters and readers.

DH suddenly has major back pain. I am concerned, but I hope it is nothing serious. I gave him an OTC pain pill and put the heating pad on which seemed to help a bit. My next ideas are a hot bath and then one of those icy/hot type patches. Those seem to help me a bit. I'm hoping that he will be better in a couple of days.

Since he was in pain, we didn't go for a walk this morning. I used a Leslie Sansone DVD instead -- actually quite a workout. It was supposed to be an "advanced" walk, and I was sweating for sure.

My plans are to go to Curves this morning, and the bookclub this afternoon. Fingers crossed that DH will be okay on his own while I'm out.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies...thanks for starting Susan.....a new washer.......something to get excited over, 2 yrs ago I also got one and also a dryer.....sat and watched it work for awhile...now that's really exciting! I am making veg beef soup today...never made minestrone ....a few weeks ago you had posted you were making chicken soup..I said that sounds good so I made it too..keep posting your meal fixings on here..I'll get ideas! I'm just making mine on the stove in a 12 qt pot, I still have never bought a crock pot,I think I am the only person who doesn't have one.

Hope your DH will be okay LindaL....Hope it is not kidney stones,painful,to say the least. Maybe he just strained his back somehow. Hope your DD tests results come back fine, how is she feeling?

Twinny still praying for your Mom and you ,how are things working out with your brother helping now?

Karen I hope your mom is coming along fine too,prayers for her.

Not much going on here ,we had rain again Sat so DGS soccer was cancelled ...yesterday was beautiful though. I still haven't turned the heat on but my hand is getting closer to the thermostat .....we have been having a fire in the wood stove so that keeps the rooms downstairs warm. Finally the pool will be closed this week! Better go check on my soup....have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Respected Contributor

Good morning Susan!! Well I LOVE my washing machine so getting a new one would be cause for a party. DH would roll his eyes and giggle but I would be sure to get Kyanne in on the merriment. And, I'm not joking.

Linda I hope DH feels better soon. Back pain is the worst! Good job and getting your workout done anyway.

Marijane - I agree, we seem to give each other meal ideas! The power of suggestion - much better than giving shopping ideas. Smiley Happy I've no idea what I will have for supper. It's such a non-event these days.

This morning we did a pinata for my boss' birthday party. It was fun! Half of the candy was destroyed but we had fun with it and everyone got a piece of chocolate cake. During the excitement my dog ran off. I drove around for 20 minutes and couldn't find her. Was getting panicky but finally she showed up.

I did have a lovely extended weekend with DH. Did a little bit of shopping and enjoyed myself. Hugs to all!

Respected Contributor

Kathleen: Loved your weekend shopping finds. Your shawl looked very much like one hanging in my closet. Purchased MANY years ago--now it is back in style!!!!!!!!!!!!

LindaL: Oh hope your DH feels better---hopefully not a kidney stone--just a wrench. Also thinking of your DD--hope she gets good news.

I had a medical apt. in the City scheduled for tomorrow. Doc has an emergency surgery. So rescheduled. Last month my DDS apt. rescheduled, then the dog, and now my apt!. I know things happen but would rather get it "over with"!!!

The front blew through and there was heavy rain for a few minutes. Now the sun is out and everything is so fresh and washed!. Supposed to be in the 50's tonight or tomorrow night. Mr. Boodles will be snuggling under the covers!.

I bought a small spagetti squash at the store---have never made one--I googled it--but anyone had experience/suggestions!

Trusted Contributor

Kathleen R. I cut mine in half...watch your hands they are tough to cut...place cut sides down on cookie sheet. 350....I keep poking mine to see when soft....when done scoop out insides,comes out like spaghetti. You can put tomato sauce over it....or butter and cinnomion ....or just salt pepper or whatever you want. I love any kind of squash. There is probably a zillion different ways to cook it online.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I'm having trouble getting moving this morning; an eye is bothering me, so I'm working on one contact. I really have to think about getting a pair of glasses to wear around the house; I wouldn't think of going out with them, as they're so thick and people are stupid and say totally asinine things, but a pair for emergencies might be a good thing.

We had rain again last night and although the sun is out at the moment more storms are forecast not only for tonight but for the next few days. (sigh) I'll take the dogs for a walk in a while, then guess I'll just putz around the house - like Susan I have no love of cleaning, but...it has to be done.

It's now about four years since I got a new washer and dryer (Where does the time go???), and I love them! Needless to day, they are NOT made by Lousy Garbage and I didn't get them from Heii Happens Gregg - I bought them at Lowe's. They work great and I've never had a day's trouble with them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Hope there's nothing seriously wrong with your husband, Linda. Every so often I'd find myself with a bad backache, and I finally realized that it was from slouching when I'd "sit" up in bed reading at night, so perhaps it's something simple with him as well.

Nothing much else going on - I have to find my iron and get those kids' T-shirts done so I can get my Christmas Child boxes packed.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

I've been buying zucchini and cutting it up and using it like cucumber. I added it to a frozen garlic chicken meal, and added it to pasta salad, tuna salad. I was sad because I left half of it with DH! lol

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I new washer is reason to celebrate. Mine is 19 y/o so I will probably need one sooner than later. I don't like to read thick books either. I do read fast, but my Kindle is so much fun that I haven't read a paperback since July. Jean got me hooked on my Kindle for sure.

LL, Hope your DH just has a muscle strain. When my DH was working, he used Icy Hot patches a lot. Praying for good test results for your DD.

Marijane, I think things will go well with my brother since he now fully understands how weary the every two hour eye drop sessions are. He said he will come up on Tues. & Thurs. from 5-9 p.m. & the same time on Sunday. I will take dinner to mom's when he comes as he will be hungry from just getting off work. I know he gets up early so I do feel guilty but I cannot keep this pace up for much longer. I am not supposed to get over tired so any help I can get now will be much appreciated.

RC, A pinata birthday party sounds like great fun. Sorry the dog ran away, but thank goodness you did find her. Glad that you had a good weekend & did get some shopping in.

Linda R, We love squash of any kind too. We have had several different kinds so far & we have liked them all. I dislike canceled appts. too especially dental ones. That is where I hate to go the most.

FHG, I hope your eye problems clear up quickly. It is raining here today & they say heavy rain through Thursday a.m. I just don't want to see snow yet.

My day is going better. I just met with another one of mom's neighbors & she said she will do the 7:00 a.m. eye drop duty. I would go over at 9:00 & maybe have mom try to see if she can do the one eye drop at 11:00 by herself. Then we wouldn't need to go over until 1:00 p.m. & another neighbor goes at 3:00. Every little bit helps & then we would have 4 hours to do somethings around here. If the leaves are still on the trees by Thursday we would like to take a nice drive just to get away & have a fun lunch out.

SS comes next Weds. so we are hoping we don't need them by then, as mom goes to the eye Dr. on Friday. We are hoping & praying that the eye drop schedule will improve. Mom seems more cheerful as she has had lots of company the last few days.

Dinner tonight is meat loaf & scaloped potatoes.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Oops Linda...I wrote"" Kathleen ""R about my posts to you on the spaghetti squash....and I have been looking at that post a few times and didn't seen my mistake till just now! Sorry!