Honored Contributor

You go away for two days . . . . the earth has shifted in orbit

I came on to see how Marc Bouwer was doing at ShopHQ and I find one thread with zero replies. But what I do find are threads discussing Lisa's departure. What???!!! How did this happen? Obviously a better opportunity somewhere else that seemed to occur near a break in her contract. Personally I'm thinking the JR angle has something to do with it, maybe a replacement gig with Melissa. I also think it takes years for a host to develop the loyalty and sales Lisa has. No one will replace her impact for years. Best of luck to her.

Respected Contributor

Re: You go away for two days . . . . the earth has shifted in orbit

That's funny. Usually it's like a soap opera and you can come back after a while and nothing has really changed. Things certainly are in flux right now.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the new world!. lol I will miss Lisa. She is my favorite host. PMS will not be the same. I'm bet the models are taking it hard too. Will be interesting to see who takes over.

Esteemed Contributor

OP...same thing happened to me. Was away on business and hook my tablet up for a bit and thread after thread of Lisa leaving. WOW is right.

I enjoyed watching Lisa and wish her well with whatever new thing she has going.

I will say, and mean no disrespect to anyone...Kathy Levine leaving hit me harder...as in I stopped watching the Q for a very, very long time after Kathy left.

It will probably be the same w/ Lisa gone. Will do most of my buying from on-line or when LDO is on. So the Q will still get my $$ but probably not my eyeballs on the tv.

:::shrug::: as long as they get my $$...not sure Q will miss me. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

The universe does revolve around her.

Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 brewhaha said:

I've watched and shopped Q for 18-20 years and have never figured out why any host could become so special to viewers. To me, they are salespeople. We might find them funny, entertaining, classy, boring, or just odd. But they are doing their jobs - selling. If they want to change careers, move on to another place, retire, etc, more power to them and i wish them well. But it's not a life changing event.

Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 kate2357 said:

OP...same thing happened to me. Was away on business and hook my tablet up for a bit and thread after thread of Lisa leaving. WOW is right.

I enjoyed watching Lisa and wish her well with whatever new thing she has going.

I will say, and mean no disrespect to anyone...Kathy Levine leaving hit me harder...as in I stopped watching the Q for a very, very long time after Kathy left.

It will probably be the same w/ Lisa gone. Will do most of my buying from on-line or when LDO is on. So the Q will still get my $$ but probably not my eyeballs on the tv.

:::shrug::: as long as they get my $$...not sure Q will miss me. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I agree with you about Kathy Levine. I enjoyed watching her. I seldom watch QVC anymore except for LDO shows.

Super Contributor

On 10/12/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

I've watched and shopped Q for 18-20 years and have never figured out why any host could become so special to viewers. To me, they are salespeople. We might find them funny, entertaining, classy, boring, or just odd. But they are doing their jobs - selling. If they want to change careers, move on to another place, retire, etc, more power to them and i wish them well. But it's not a life changing event.

Then you may recall when webbie shut down the QVC website chatrooms and the total uproar that ensued for a very long time after. That was a life changing event! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

On 10/12/2014 brewhaha said:

Yes I believe the earth shifted on it's axis at the news Lisa was leaving QVC. Earth shattering.
Respected Contributor

La Lisa would have it no other way!!! THis is all EXACTLY what she was hoping for- LOVES the attention!