Honored Contributor

E News Announced Lisa's Departure from QVC

http://www.eonline.com/news/587626/qvc-host-lisa-robertson-announces-she-s-leaving-network-home-shop...

Interesting that they picked up the story. Maybe some company self-interest involved?

And the Speculation Train continues to roll...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: E News Announced Lisa's Departure from QVC

Q is quickly diminishing Lisa's reign.

NO pictures of her on the homepage and goodness knows she was on everyday.

Nobody says her name during her shows at all and that's all you ever heard was ""Lisa said or Lisa wears""

Respected Contributor

My theory is that Melissa Rivers hired Lisa Robinson to be the face of Joan Rivers Worldwide with a promise of continuing a clothing line as well as the possibility of being on Fashion Police as a panelist. David Dangle is great, but he cannot be everywhere. Lisa could fulfill both of those duties perfectly.

Valued Contributor

I honestly think if she was the face of Joan Rivers Worldwide that announcement would be made. They would have said Lisa is transitioning from her a host to that role. With Jill hosting the show with David on Mon. I highly doubt it. As would have been easy to have Lisa host and make the announcement. If Lisa remains at QVC I would think it would be with her own line of jewelry or clothing.

Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 culebra said:

My theory is that Melissa Rivers hired Lisa Robinson to be the face of Joan Rivers Worldwide with a promise of continuing a clothing line as well as the possibility of being on Fashion Police as a panelist. David Dangle is great, but he cannot be everywhere. Lisa could fulfill both of those duties perfectly.

I think she will soon be on Fashion Police...and maybe Red Carpet interviews too.

There is plenty of room for her to grow on E!/Bravo/Universal.

Super Contributor

I don't think your theory is right. Just sayin.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/12/2014 milly said:

I honestly think if she was the face of Joan Rivers Worldwide that announcement would be made. They would have said Lisa is transitioning from her a host to that role. With Jill hosting the show with David on Mon. I highly doubt it. As would have been easy to have Lisa host and make the announcement. If Lisa remains at QVC I would think it would be with her own line of jewelry or clothing.

I don't agree and point to Angel being a spokesperson for Quacker Factory as an example. She left for some time before she came back to work for Jeanne. And, she was just a model!

I think everything is speculation at this time. I actually don't think this particular idea is that bad - although I don't think Lisa's style is the same as Joan's, particularly jewelry. And I still highly doubt she would be on FP as people outside the Q-verse have no idea who she it (and the people who do likely fall out of e's desired viewing base). That being said, Lisa said this is something that she had been considering for some time. Maybe Joan's death was the catalyst, but maybe it wasn't.

Respected Contributor

We shall see! Lisa will make the announcement on her Facebook page after December 12. Speculation will continue. I wish her well.

Valued Contributor

On 10/12/2014 terrier3 said:

I think she will soon be on Fashion Police...and maybe Red Carpet interviews too.

Oh my gosh people that don't watch QVC don't even know who she is. Unless you are a "star" I don't think they'd be hiring an almost 50 year old unknown. I think Lisa really enjoyed her participation in the GILI line. Think that is the catalyst for her starting her own line of "whatever".

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/12/2014 milly said:
On 10/12/2014 terrier3 said:

Oh my gosh people that don't watch QVC don't even know who she is. Unless you are a "star" I don't think they'd be hiring an almost 50 year old unknown. I think Lisa really enjoyed her participation in the GILI line. Think that is the catalyst for her starting her own line of "whatever".

I have to agree. I'm going to say something mean, but true. Lisa is near 50. The people who follow Lisa are not in the 18-35 fan base that networks want. I really like Lisa, but some of the things people are saying she'll be involved with make little sense.

Face of JR fashion makes sense; getting a show on a youth based entertainment network does not. Joan was an anomaly, not the rule, at E. And even she didn't do the red carpet anymore.