Honored Contributor

Shop HQ improving? No. Just no.

I've read some posts recently that indicate people have hopes for, or believe that Shop HQ's merchandise is improving. I cruise by Shop HQ on a daily basis because I find so much of Q and HSN programming boring. I look just as often now, perhaps more, than I did a couple of months ago. I don't see a lot of change or new vendors. What I do see is a lot of hype for unknown merchandise/vendors selling clothing at prices that bring the adage "you get what you pay for" to mind. As I watch now they are selling jackets that would be perfect for Ladies of the Evening streetwear or Vegas Night at the local town hall. I find this to be the case frequently on my channel flipping. Even if their idea of fashion and mine were the same (and they're not), the prices would scare me off as far as quality and workmanship. Some new cosmetics vendors I'm sure the channel created, with vendor schpiel that makes me laugh out loud as to how/why the items are special. Lots of faux this and that. I really did look for programming changes for the better, and just haven't seen them. If they already have started making "improvements" - uhoh.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Re: Shop HQ improving? No. Just no.

I have purchased some of the clothing and it was very nice. In fact I wore one of the Maxi Dresses I purchased from them to an Engagement party a few weeks ago and my Husband said to me..Where did you get that dress? It looks great on you....So,don't judge their clothing by the price.I'm not saying it's COUTURE Clothing..But for my Casual life style..it's fine.

Respected Contributor

Plus, they have inventory to sell off. They are moving forward.
Esteemed Contributor

I know that a lot of people apparently are liking some of what they see on ShopHQ, but I've flipped over there from time to time, and I've had it on quite a bit since last night and I'm sorry to say, I haven't been at all impressed. A couple of things looked kind of cute, like the quilted faux leather moto jacket, but when a couple of the models were shown up close at various times, I could see how one of the front zippers did not run down in a straight line. It was almost as though it had been sewn in while stretching the fabric and it bunched up all the way down. I could never wear it if I got one that looked like that.

They had a "runway show" last night, and I was thoroughly confused as to who was the host and who was the vendor at first - and they didn't show the garment on the rack and give colors at first ... they just sort of meandered up to the runway and got up with the models and started talking about colors, etc. It just seemed very unorganized in the presentations, and the hosts are not as professional as I think they are on QVC and HSN. Neither are the models.

I'm sure they have some nice things, but it's too hard for me to discern what is what. Some of it just looked a little cheap and what I could get for less than $20 in a B&M store. But I'm willing to keep an open mind, continue to watch from time to time (especially if QVC keeps its programming the way it's looking to be between now and Christmas), and just see what develops. They deserve a chance....

Honored Contributor

One World has been uneven for me. I have purchased it in b&m stores before it was on Shop HQ, and while I was okay with it for what it was, I stopped buying it before SHQ had it - and they've had it quite a while now. Some cute items for sure, but not new for me and I'm not crazy about the OW fabrics. what I find most appealing to me on SHQ is the jewelry. I really enjoy the Gems en Vogue presentations. Hope they keep those. But a lot of what I see there is Quacker-glitz on steroids.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

On 10/11/2014 kittymomNC said:

I know that a lot of people apparently are liking some of what they see on ShopHQ, but I've flipped over there from time to time, and I've had it on quite a bit since last night and I'm sorry to say, I haven't been at all impressed. A couple of things looked kind of cute, like the quilted faux leather moto jacket, but when a couple of the models were shown up close at various times, I could see how one of the front zippers did not run down in a straight line. It was almost as though it had been sewn in while stretching the fabric and it bunched up all the way down. I could never wear it if I got one that looked like that.

They had a "runway show" last night, and I was thoroughly confused as to who was the host and who was the vendor at first - and they didn't show the garment on the rack and give colors at first ... they just sort of meandered up to the runway and got up with the models and started talking about colors, etc. It just seemed very unorganized in the presentations, and the hosts are not as professional as I think they are on QVC and HSN. Neither are the models.

I'm sure they have some nice things, but it's too hard for me to discern what is what. Some of it just looked a little cheap and what I could get for less than $20 in a B&M store. But I'm willing to keep an open mind, continue to watch from time to time (especially if QVC keeps its programming the way it's looking to be between now and Christmas), and just see what develops. They deserve a chance....

I was thinking the same thing they were all over the place, and they barely showed the items and no details it was a disaster, I dont think carson feels good about leaving qvc, this place definitely runs very smoothly, they are horrible and the quality rivals wal mart no hope

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/11/2014 NJ4Jays said:
On 10/11/2014 kittymomNC said:

I was thinking the same thing they were all over the place, and they barely showed the items and no details it was a disaster, I dont think carson feels good about leaving qvc, this place definitely runs very smoothly, they are horrible and the quality rivals wal mart no hope

I'm just curious, did you change your mind after posting this thread? Had you ever watched ShopHQ before?

Ladies be aware that today is fashion all day on shop hq and all shipping is $2.99 or free!!! they have Carson Kressely and Marc bouwer today as well as some other pretty good ones take a look it's worth it

QVC you better rethink cutting all the fashion days they are gaining on you we dont need holiday gifts for 3 months

{#emotions_dlg.wub} Shop away fashionista's

enjoy

Respected Contributor

I do like their jewelry. I bought the Gem En Vogue 26 carat citrine ring that was $150. I really miss the nice gemstone jewelry that the Q used to have. The ring is gorgeous. I also bought a pair of sleeping-beauty-did-you-know-the-mine-is-closed turquoise and blue topaz earrings for $153 and they are gorgeous. I am not sure about their clothing yet. I did buy the Marc Bouwer skirt with the high low hem and chiffon. The 1 World stuff and the WD stuff looks cheap to me. I will keep an eye on them though.
Esteemed Contributor

Jay King on HSN said several years ago that the sleeping beauty mine was closed. Everything that's sold now is from whatever people had stockpiled before it closed, which is why it's even more expensive now than a few years ago. I lucked out and got some pieces from him back then...Smile

Honored Contributor

Personally, judging from my take on all three of the home TV shopping networks combined, I think the whole genre has hit the skids... I do see the other two at least making an effort, but this one, once the jewel in the crown, just gets worse and worse, and while the others appear to be trying, their efforts aren't in the least bit thrilling...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...