Honored Contributor

TWO POSSIBLE REASONS LISA MIGHT BE LEAVING

The recent departure of QVC's CEO and some of the management team, could have affected her leaving. I have also noticed that ShopHQ has been adding to their team. They have managed to get people from other shopping channels as well as vendors from them. They have also upped their game with much better products from other networks and just in general. They might have made Lisa an offer she couldn't refuse. Just some wild speculation on my part, but you never know.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TWO POSSIBLE REASONS LISA MIGHT BE LEAVING

I agree with you, however, others (Judy C - Kathy Levine to name a couple) have tried to carry their status to other TV shopping networks and it wasn't very successful. New management is behind this - I think.

Esteemed Contributor

First I wish her well. She is a beautiful lady. But in my recollection.... I have been around a long time with QVC, the only show host that has ever made it beyond QVC with some success is Mike Rowe. The rest, with all the promises and hopes have faded.

I once found QVC exciting to watch. Now I only view QVC online. I don't have a clue about the hosts or what they look like. The good old days seemed more exciting.

Super Contributor

Reason 1: Look around.

Reason 2: Look around.

Super Contributor

Lisa would be great on SHOP-Q--Yesssssssss !

hsn has become A HOT STORE AS WELL.....

Trusted Contributor

N/m
Trusted Contributor

QVC isn't exactly a steppingstone for future success.
Honored Contributor

Remember went Jane T left to start a jewelry line and was back with in 2 or so years.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Why speculate? What does it accomplish? She's put in 20 years. I'm sure she's well off enough to even retire if she wishes and just travel and enjoy life!

Here's a speculation for you....she's taking over as CEO.

Respected Contributor

They all have non compete clauses. I don't think she would be allowed to go to a competitor for a proscribed period of time, like a year. I don't know if that would be in play if she was to take an executive management role with no visibility on the air. Edited to add: buck-I-nana, we are on the same page. Lol.