Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have experience with the QVC payment plans? How do they work? Any interest? Bad experience?

Honored Contributor
They work great. No interest; they charge a payment to your credit card every month until the total is paid off. The S&H and tax are added to the first payment.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Also, if for some reason your payment doesn't go through, they put a note on the item in your order page that says "contact CS". I recently had this happen with my card attached to my checking account due to low funds. I waited until I got paid and called them and had them run the payment through and that was it.

Trusted Contributor

QVC amortizes the shipping and tax over the course of the payments so they are not collected in full in the first payment. HSN and SHOPHQ, on the other hand, do add the full amount of shipping to the first scheduled payment.

I think easy pay (as QVC calls it) flex pay (as HSN refers to it) and value pay (what ShopHQ calls it) all work quite well for the majority who use it. You are only billed monthly for each payment so it can simplify trying to pay that same amount off monthly and prevent any interest charges from accruing, if using a typical revolving charge card. If using a debit card, then it essentially is paid off each month too.

QVC makes 2 attempts to submit each payment (assume Shop and HSN do as well) and if both are declined then they will contact you, usually by a phone call, email or even a letter and if it is overdue by an extended period of time then they can put hold on future purchases. I've never known anyone who actually reached that point but was told by one friend that that was their last resort.

Just a word of caution (from reading here on the BB) that ii can sometimes get too easy to keep buying when everything is on easy pay and that can come back to bite you if you don't keep track of how many easy pays you have acquired. That probably applies more to those on a more restrictive budgets.

Overall, they can and do work very well though and enable some to buy certain items (that they might not otherwise be able to afford in one lump sum) by spreading the payments out over a set period of time.