Occasional Contributor

Hi fellow bag lovers,

I'm in the market for a new bag but cannot decide style, color, size, brand... pretty much anything! Wink

Can anyone recommend or suggest me a bag, perhaps one of your faves and why it works?

If there are any on QVC to purchase, links would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!!

Trusted Contributor

Last Spring, I bought my mom a Brighton bag (style "Mary" which is no longer available), and after months of admiring it, I recently got a similar one for myself. The style I got is Brighton Barbados. It is the perfect size and comes in several colors; I got the pewter as shown in the picture. I like the pebbled leather; I find that it wears better than smooth leather and is easier to clean than suede. I like it that it has a touch of black and bronze in the braided strap and tassle. It has four outside pockets, so I can get my keys and cell phone easily. It has a zippered top, which I find more secure than a snap or magnetic closure. 3 inside pockets and a key holder--such nice details. And of course, I adore the Brighton hardware. This is a very well made bag that retails for $250, but I got mine brand new on eBay for around $190 including shipping. Worth every penny!

Good luck finding the perfect bag for you. Half the fun is the hunt! Smile

Super Contributor

I prefer IMAN at H NETWORK Go look up IMAN under fashion . GOOD PRICES GOOD QUALITY. GREAT STYLE

Honored Contributor
On 10/10/2014 Vamp said:

Last Spring, I bought my mom a Brighton bag (style "Mary" which is no longer available), and after months of admiring it, I recently got a similar one for myself. The style I got is Brighton Barbados. It is the perfect size and comes in several colors; I got the pewter as shown in the picture. I like the pebbled leather; I find that it wears better than smooth leather and is easier to clean than suede. I like it that it has a touch of black and bronze in the braided strap and tassle. It has four outside pockets, so I can get my keys and cell phone easily. It has a zippered top, which I find more secure than a snap or magnetic closure. 3 inside pockets and a key holder--such nice details. And of course, I adore the Brighton hardware. This is a very well made bag that retails for $250, but I got mine brand new on eBay for around $190 including shipping. Worth every penny!

Good luck finding the perfect bag for you. Half the fun is the hunt! Smile

VAMP<</p>

OMG, that handbag is yummy. I can almost feel the leather. I love Brighton, they last forever. I really like that color. It is actually quite "neutral". My daughter would love it. But 190 might be too much for Christmas gift,. Then I would have to get the other daughters a 200 gift, then the 8 grandkids...hahahahah.

Trusted Contributor

I just bought this Oryany bag online at Nordstrom Rack a couple of days ago. I haven't received it yet, so it may not work, but the primary reasons I chose it are:

Single strap -- I hate double straps -- one of them is always falling down my shoulder.

Minimal hardware -- though the hardware is silver, there's so little of it that I think it will look great with both silver and gold jewelry.

Color -- great neutral that goes with everything and can be worn year-round.

Size -- 11.5 x 16 -- big enough for all my stuff!

Side pockets -- I love having at least one pocket or compartment on the outside to stash little things in on-the-go.

It has taken me years, but I have finally made a list of certain features I need in a handbag. If I find a bag that has some, but not everything, I want, I'll still consider it. For example, this bag doesn't have feet, which I like, but that wasn't a dealbreaker.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

I'm a Vera B girl , myself, won't pay over a 100 for a bag. Winter collection has solid black ones if a person doesn't like the bold prints. I like the pockets, outside pockets, roominess, etc.