Trusted Contributor

Update: Clothes addiction and the 90 day challenge

So, a couple weeks back I posted about my DH losing his job and my realization that I have a clothes shopping addiction.

Just here to say that the DH has a new job lined up pending background and drug screening and he should be starting before the month is over. Happy for him!

In regards to the my insane clothes purchasing...I haven't bought anything since last posting until today. Since I've been planning this for weeks, I did get A258810:

LOGO by Lori Goldstein Boucle Top with Lace Trim - A258810

Love LOGO and this is so much different than the typical Lori pieces.

Now that is me done. Even though the DH will be getting back on his feet shortly, I'm challenging myself to not buy a single piece of clothing, outerwear, shoes, boots, or purse for the next 90 days. Come January 6, 2015 I will reevaluate and see if I want to treat myself with something new then or if the challenge continues.

Thanks to everyone who posted on the last thread. It was helpful in motivating mye to stop with all the crazy unnecessary spending. I say this as I look at my way too expensive LOGO receipt... {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

Re: Update: Clothes addiction and the 90 day challenge

Good for you and your family. I have only faced the prospect of unemployment twice, and it was not comfortable. I'm not a fan of LOGO, but if I had to buy a piece, I think that would be the one. I like what the QVC naming elves have called "boucle." It looks like space-dye to me, and I am a fool for anything space-dyed.

And you're in the same boat as lots of other ladies on these boards - too many clothes, but wanting to buy more. I've made great strides in not buying over the past year, but I still get tripped up by anything leather, and the Linea whisper knits.

Regular Contributor

I purchased this top to...it's a WANT top not a need and that's ok. Enjoy it and best of luck to your husband at his new job.
Valued Contributor

I applaud you! I'm just coming into a stage in my life where I can treat myself, so I have a lot of catching up to do!! I was a SAHM for 12 yrs, so I never treated myself to anything.

I'm having so much fun, but I will keep your story in mind, so I don't go overboard- thanks for sharing!! Congrats to you!

Respected Contributor

On 10/6/2014 fthunt said:

I read your posting and..........just shake my head. I'm embarrassed for you.

Judgmental. Not necessary. A much more ""embarrassing"" post than anything kjohnson said or did.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see your last post, but I applaud you for this one. Not every woman will curb her personal desires just because her husband is out of work - either temporarily or not. I think your posts are good for all of us. Too many of us, and I certainly include myself in this, are guilty of impulse shopping, and the subsequent realization that we have been opening our wallets before we open our eyes to a problem.

I like your idea of a 90 day hold on spending. I'm going to do it myself, but I'll wait until the holidays are over, because there are lots of family members who hope for a gift, and little ones I couldn't bear to disappoint. Nothing for me from January lst through the end of March, or maybe longer if I like the feeling as much as I expect to!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you... I strive to be a perfect as you are.

Respected Contributor

I don't need any more clothes. I am trying very hard to cut back. Slipped at the Kirk's Folly sale and a lunchtime special that was on my wish list. I don't know if I can go ninety days but am aiming for thirty. If I make it thirty days I'm going to treat myself to a wash and blowdry at the salon. If my hair doesn't look great it doesn't matter what I'm wearing.

Have three Joan Rivers items on waitlist. Two bees and the bee line bracelet. Just noticed one bee is being shipped. If the other comes through I'll send one back. I don't expect the line bracelet to come through but will keep it if it does.

I'm checking off every day on my calendar that I don't buy something.

Esteemed Contributor

Now u can say that u ordered this top to celebrate ur husband's new job. Enjoy it!!!! I have a large walk-in customized closet --- and have so much clothes that I can't put in another hanger. So --- my shopping is over.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/6/2014 Favorite Son said:

Judgmental. Not necessary. A much more ""embarrassing"" post than anything kjohnson said or did.

Ditto. I admire kjohnson's honesty!