Super Contributor

Love this Joan Rivers Jacket, but not sure about bracelet length. What do you do?

I'm fussy about jackets because I like them to fit in the shoulders and not bind when I move my arms. And I don't want to look like I'm wearing a box or a man-jacket. I also like a good fabric, one that looks like it's a jacket made to be a jacket. This jacket is absolutely fantastic, imo. It is fully lined, Even the pockets are lined! It is professional looking but you can wear it casually. And it has subtle feminine touches which no one will point at you and say "there's a pageant wannabe", it has subdued "ruffles", hardly noticeable (but you know they're there--sweet!) It comes with an extra button sewn in the seam, too. My buttons seem a bit loose, so I may tighten them up. IF I keep it.

It's in clearance, too! It really is made like a more expensive jacket (really)! Beautifully made, actually!

I bought it in black. It fits wonderfully! But it has:

BRACELET SLEEVES (shorter length for bracelets).

And I feel like my sleeves are too short…because I never wore bracelet sleeves on a jacket before.

Do you like bracelet sleeve length? What do you do? Do you roll them up? Or let them hang and pile on bracelets to fill in the gap? Why do I feel like I'm wearing a jacket that's too small, although it fits fantastically everywhere else? I feel like my arms are too long, lol! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Best Seller
QVC Price: $77.00Clearance Price: $37.62
Available for 4 Easy Payments

Honored Contributor

Re: Love this Joan Rivers Jacket, but not sure about bracelet length. What do you do?

I too thought that length was awkward...so I had the sleeves shortened to 3/4 length, which looked a LOT better.

I have a Land's End or LL Bean (can't remember which) 3/4 length blouse. It looks great, with the sleeve folded up.

That "bracelet length" was too short to look like full length and too long to look like it was designed that way on purpose.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love this Joan Rivers Jacket, but not sure about bracelet length. What do you do?

I have short arms, so I would love it. But, I would try wearing a watch and bracelets and see how it looks..or have it shortened as terrier suggested. I love JR's jackets!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 terrier3 said:

I too thought that length was awkward...so I had the sleeves shortened to 3/4 length, which looked a LOT better.

I have a Land's End or LL Bean (can't remember which) 3/4 length blouse. It looks great, with the sleeve folded up.

That "bracelet length" was too short to look like full length and too long to look like it was designed that way on purpose.

Wow, thanks! That's an interesting alternative! I'm glad you understand what I mean. The bracelet length feels strange and I've tried putting bracelets on, but it still seems like my sleeves are too short. Thanks again! And for the 3/4 length blouse suggestion, as well! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 graceandmercy said:

I have short arms, so I would love it. But, I would try wearing a watch and bracelets and see how it looks..or have it shortened as terrier suggested. I love JR's jackets!

Thanks! If you like a well-made jacket that has very nice fabric, lined, pockets, and enamel buttons, this is it!

You are lucky if the arm length works, because the reason I am not sending it back, is because the jacket is so nice.

It is not a spring/summer jacket. It's a good "this is not a summer jacket" material, beautiful weave and texture.

I tried the bracelets at my wrist. I'm not sure if it's just the fact I've never had this length and need to get used to it… I'm not used to it, lol!

Super Contributor

Maybe this will work?!

I just re-examined my jacket sleeves, inside at the hemline. There is a good inch or more (there is more under the lining) of material. Maybe it could be lengthened? I'm not sure how it could be hemmed though if that material is used. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

ical - just read your post - I have 4 of Joan's jackets and some of them are this length, but I guess the length is ok on me - I'm 5'8, but when I checked out the jacket - I was looking for a jacket to wear over some dresses so I ordered the black. So thank you for the post!! I like the idea of getting the sleeves shorten - it is a beautiful jacket - whatever you decide to do - I watched the video - very rich looking..... can't wait for mine to arrive and at such a great price!! Smile

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Sunniegirl said:

ical - just read your post - I have 4 of Joan's jackets and some of them are this length, but I guess the length is ok on me - I'm 5'8, but when I checked out the jacket - I was looking for a jacket to wear over some dresses so I ordered the black. So thank you for the post!! I like the idea of getting the sleeves shorten - it is a beautiful jacket - whatever you decide to do - I watched the video - very rich looking..... can't wait for mine to arrive and at such a great price!! Smile

I love it! I wanted to get it in another color, the green, but it is on wait list in my size.

I am 5'2" (almost, lol) and the bracelet length maybe hangs too long for bracelet and too short for regular length. Maybe that's it? Maybe I need to buy some bracelets! LOL!

Respected Contributor

In colder weather a nice pair of forearm length gloves work well with shorter sleeved jackets and coats.

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 ical said:
On 10/2/2014 Sunniegirl said:

I love it! I wanted to get it in another color, the green, but it is on wait list in my size.

I am 5'2" (almost, lol) and the bracelet length maybe hangs too long for bracelet and too short for regular length. Maybe that's it? Maybe I need to buy some bracelets! LOL!

I like the idea of bracelets...... so did you put the jacket on backorder? At this price, you can get the sleeves fixed or have one at the original length and one shorten. I just bought a Joan dress that is a short sleeve, knit with a panel of red with black on the sides - very slimming. It was a clearance dress. Smile