Valued Contributor

Big plans for losing those extra pounds...

Back in April or May I purchased a really cute pair of those Dream Jeans, I think that is what they call them. Anyway, I bought a size smaller than what I was wearing at the time thinking I would be in them by July. Well... there they sit, my new WHITE jeans for the Summer, never been worn still too tight.

Maybe next year, huh? LOL

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Re: Big plans for losing those extra pounds...

On 10/1/2014 Cookie06 said:

Back in April or May I purchased a really cute pair of those Dream Jeans, I think that is what they call them. Anyway, I bought a size smaller than what I was wearing at the time thinking I would be in them by July. Well... there they sit, my new WHITE jeans for the Summer, never been worn still too tight.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Huh? ........ so ......... does that mean you're an even larger size now?

What was your weight loss strategy? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Regular Contributor

Don't give up the fight!!!!

Valued Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 10/1/2014 Cookie06 said:

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Huh? ........ so ......... does that mean you're an even larger size now?

What was your weight loss strategy? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

No, not a larger size, just not a smaller size. The usual strategy, low fat, less carbs?? The big problem for me is I am such a snacker. I do well with the meals and exercise, but I snack. Even if I don't buy snack foods, I make them up. Like cheese and soda crackers!!

I am going to go back to Weight Watchers. That worked for me in the past and if you stick with it, it is one of the best ways for me to lose weight. I lost 38 pounds a few years back and kept it off for quite a while. But then, I quit smoking and immediately gained 13 pounds. Yikes!!! We'll see...

{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

Don't give up!!

When you fall get back up. Let go of the stumbles. You fall, acknowledge it, and then start again. Just don't give up!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement Rottie_mama.

Valued Contributor

For those that have never had a weight issue, they cannot understand. I will tell you that I can commiserate with you. I have been losing and it's been great--but it is a constant struggle that requires vigilance. And more than that, sometimes it requires professional, medical or nutritional help. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

You're not alone on that idea of buying a size smaller as a kind of goal-motivator - been there, done that myself.

Don't just roll over & take it. Just get back on your plan. You might not be able to wear those white jeans next summer, either, because they'll be too big!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

After years and years of buying things too small and too tight ""because I loved it"" I have finally gotten to where if it doesn't fit NOW I will not buy it. I'm so glad too. Nothing hurts more than looking at a closet full of really cute things that don't fit (and might never).

Trusted Contributor

Keep at it! It is a long process for most of us.

A couple of things that help me curb my snacking:

1) Drink a big glass of water to fill you up

2) Spray your mouth with Listerine breath spray (it tastes yucky and makes anything you taste right afterwards taste yucky, too! But you'll have fresh breath!)

3) Eat an apple. They're good for you, and they always fill me up.

Good luck!