Respected Contributor

Good Morning:

Boy we are wrapping up on September and October is knocking on the door. This year is zipping on by.

Thanks for the Real ID information---I know there is so much information out there that I have missed or not paid attention to. I know in my state they are changing the vehicle registration methods--not sure I understand them but I know more information will be coming out on the process.

Funny how other's opinions influence our decisions---or not!!!

I will be working at the thrift shop (our turn to cover) and I need to look around for anything to add to the shelves. I am certain there is lots to donate---I had just made a sweep through and donated a lot of items to the church event last weekend.

No shopping on my radar--still haven't been for food--so I will need to take care of a few items in that regard.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. That Real ID information was news to me -- I am surprised, and not sure what will happen in those States (like Arizona) that don't have the appropriate systems in place. I imagine that they will have it before it is needed for flying, but....

Hope you find some good things for the thrift shop. DH's DD suggested that we donate DH's bicycle (he doesn't use it any longer, and it would be difficult to get to California.) So, I am thinking about doing that later in the week. Hope it fits in the back of the car okay.

Yesterday afternoon one of our friends stopped by to say hello just as dinner was almost ready. She didn't stay long, but I had a difficult time trying to visit and make sure things weren't burning on the stove. It was nice to see her, however.

Thanks for all your likes and nice comments about the picture I posted of DH and his DD on Facebook.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Karen, Marijane, Susan, Nancy, Sonya, Gayle, Rosa, Val, Karen, Jules, and all of our posters and readers.

It is cooler here (highs only expected to be in the 80's and 60's at night) -- really feels a bit like Fall.

I think I forgot to mention that the streams in the park actually had water in them -- nice flowing water. You don't know how much you miss that until you live in the desert.

Other than my dermatologist appointment this afternoon, not much exciting going on here.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hope all goes well with your medical appointment.

Yes, flowing water is lovely isn't it. Oh yes, guests as you are preparing dinner is a "dance" to make sure the kitchen is ok and visit with your guests.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Well, fall is definitely in the air....even though the temps are still warm (thankfully) I can sense the difference...maybe it's the change in light or something. I took the dogs to the park yesterday and despite the fact it was warm out, Autumn spent only a couple of minutes in the creek before she came out; usually she hates to leave, so I guess she's sensing it too.

Homework is coming along; I'm almost caught up. Once this semester is done next Friday, my attention will turn to a major house-cleaning.

LindaR, I'm looking to get rid of things I don't need as well, as I can't stand clutter and my kitchen cabinets and the pantry I created at the top of the basement stairs are overflowing. I already have a couple of bags for the new thrift shop that helps the spay/neuter clinic (which also has other programs for animals), the best of the clothes that I don't wear go to the missions closet, and the rest of them to the Salvation Army.

I'm trying to focus on using some of the food I have on hand; my plan for October is to not buy anything (food or otherwise) that's not absolutely necessary, so that means only dairy and produce. I have a good supply of canned cat food, but do need to get over to Trader Joe's before too long - their kibble is the only one the dogs really like. No more clothing, although when I get down to my goal, I might allow myself $100 or so as a reward...although I have loads of clothing that I've never worn that will then fit.

I took a look in the garage next door - I confess I was being nosy! - and it's apparent the bank is going to have to get a dumpster to empty it out - it's filled from top to bottom with trash. Gee, any wonder I had rats in my cabana, which is right near it? {#emotions_dlg.mad} I'm praying that someone nice (maybe a single around my age) buys that house.

LindaL, the resemblance between your husband and his daughter is amazing!

Baby Ziggy is snuggled up against me; I hate to disturb him, but I have to get up and moving - I stopped by the PO yesterday as I know I have a bunch of packages to pick up (I finished my Christmas shopping) and found my box locked; the clerks there do that when they need my attention, so I guess all my packages didn't fit in the lockers. I also have to pick up some of the cheapie hot dogs at Aldi - they're the dogs' favorite treat, after ice cream and at 75¢ they're a bargain. Apart from that, nothing aside from homework...

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! Linda I said some bad words trying to heat up tortillas, finish cooking breakfast tacos and bacon all at once. I'm just not good at doing several things at once. lol Then yesterday our sermon was about misusing the name of the Lord. I need to get to donating too.

I am loving the weather but it's hard to believe that September is gone. I am trying to bring lunch to work more often and eat a little bit healthier than I have been. My poor zuchini (sp?) has not made it into a meal yet. I'm thinking fried rice tonight with my leftover pork chop and a bunch of veggies. I will be sure to report back in.

I laid out clothes last night and was happy I did that. Getting dressed was a breeze, though it was hard to leave Beloved.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--Thank you for starting the tread. Yes, the year is flying and the leaves are changing colors ahead of schedule. As far as the Real ID is concerned, that is a result of the 9/11 Commission recommendation for uniform standards for issuing a license. Our state has had it for two years and people can get the regular license or the Real ID. Since I fly and have to be in Federal facilities at times, I chose the Real ID. There are just a few extra verifications and documents that have to be submitted to really prove who you are.

Linda--I hope all goes well with the medical appointment. It is a challenge to keep things from burning when people drop in for an unexpected visit at preparation time. I think it is a great idea to donate the bicycle or you can list it on Freecycle or similar.

Kathleen--Taking lunch to work can be healthier and often less expensive than eating out or in the company cafeteria if there is one. It is always a good plan to have the clothes selected in advance and laid out. It saves much time.

Arlene--Permitting yourself to buy some clothing when you get to goal can be a great incentive. I do hope that the problem next door is gone and after the bank sells the property, etc. that you will have some good neighbors.

I had a great day at work. The only problem is that I put on a necklace with one of my pendants from Hawaii. It seemed secure when I fastened it but when I got home from work, I discovered it was missing. Apparently, it came loose and I didn't notice it fall.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean I'm so sorry about the necklace. Ugh!! I'm saying a little prayer that it will show up.

We do have a cafeteria, and it is a whopping $4 to eat there! They do have a good salad bar but they also have all the soda one can drink, so I have to really be careful to not overdo it. I'm not one much for salad but I'm learning to eat it more.