Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 9/28)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a nippy start to the day, a typical Fall day. It is hard to believe that October will soon be here. September flew by all too quickly.

I'm not doing much today except around the house or taking time to window shop Amazon or QVC. I'm not in the immediate need for an item but I am gathering info for a possible future purchase. I did order 3 pair of compression hose from Ames Walker for use this Fall and Winter. We will see how long they last but the ones I ordered for Summer worked well to help with the swelling, etc.

I work tomorrow and Wednesday definitely. I was also scheduled to work on Tuesday but I'm using that day to go to the city and get my Real ID Driver's License replaced. I plan to meet a friend for an early dinner on that day.

I honestly can't think of any clothing or shoes I need at this point. I do use watches like jewelry so I got another IM ceramic watch that was on easy pay yesterday but this time in the blush pink. I have the black and the hematite in that watch with the hematite being my favorite. I'm still waiting for it to be offered in a red color. This is enough shopping for me unless it is a real need until next month....and that isn't far off!!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 9/28)

I was just getting around to looking through the Insider. I see some Lamo Winter boots on the back cover that look cute. The only problem is that I bought a pair last Winter which saw use less than 5 times so they will do well this year. I got last year's from some special but they are nice.

I'm debating seeing if I can go through October without a want purchase. November should be ripe with great offerings from which I can choose a reward. I'm waiting for the new Kindle Fire HDX to come out with user reviews before I consider it. It is either it or a ten inch version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab or Note.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, another beautiful day here ,supposed to go to 80. Like you Jean I will be hanging around the house today . The Yankees come on at 1pm...the last game of the season, I remember in April they had 161 games to play and I though oh wow a long time to go...now it's down to one. What brand are "Lamo" boots Jean? How's your cold coming along...sounds like you have a busy start to the week.

LindaL I hope you and your DH are having a nice time with his daughter....when does she leave to go back home. How is your GS that went to the ER because of breathing problems?

Not too much going on here I am still tackling closets...slow and steady. Have a nice day everyone...Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Your temps are similar to ours. We are currently at 76 but it feels cooler in the house than outside. The cold is almost gone but work combined with it left me very tired. The boots are Lamo Cresson suede water resistant boots with faux fur and buckles. They are around $40, which is a decent price.

I'm just now having a late lunch of Progresso Light Soup. I went to bed to keep warm and to finish a book I was reading on the Kindle. I turned on QVC in time to see a cookbook sell out. I'm about to channel surf or find something on Netflix to stream.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's overcast here, but - thankfully - still warm. I got another test done last night; now I just have some discussion boards and a book review that I'll get finished today, and I'm through...then tomorrow off, and Tuesday it's back to work. Hard to believe the semester ends a week from Friday - time is zipping by! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Jean, I saw some cute boots both in TJ Maxx and Marshall's, but I still have several pair I've never worn, including a pair of Ferragamo. When the weather is cold I don't go out often unless it's necessary, and I have to get it through my head that no matter how cute something is, no one can see or appreciate it if it's sitting in my closet!

I had a nice surprise yesterday. Last week I noticed my trashy neighbors were tossing a lot of stuff - there's a huge pile at the front of their lawn. I assumed they were doing some fall cleaning, then yesterday I realized there hadn't been any cars in their driveway for several days, the door to their front entry (sort of a small porch) was open, and the windows that face my house all had the blinds up. I took the dogs to the park and when I came home, things were the same, so I looked in the windows, and....they're GONE! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} They must have moved out in the middle of the night recently,; when I did some checking on-line I saw the house is in pre-foreclosure, which doesn't surprise me - she bought too much house, the mortgage was in her father's name, and she's had trouble keeping up right from the start. I'm sorry they lost their home...but I'm very happy that they're gone, and am praying for some nice people to buy that place. Now, if the psychos on the other side of me (the ones who've killed my cats) would move...

Jean, I used to have a nice watch collection, and at one time would match everything: even my underwear would coordinate with the clothing I was wearing, and I swapped out my purse to go with every outfit. Now I wear beige (or occasionally black) bras and whatever color of panties I grab (well, beige under light colors, of course), only swap out my purse every few weeks, and stick with only one (albeit an expensive) watch. I don't know how I had time to be so particular on top of working 10-12 hours a day, as I don't have time to fuss like that now! I do try and look nice when I go out, but I guess I've gotten to an age where I realize I don't have to impress anyone, just please myself.

The diet is coming along; in fact, I have a candy apple that a friend gave me (I love those things) and it's been sitting in the refrigerator for almost two weeks now. I guess I'd better eat it before it spoils, but I've found that since I've cut back on treats to one a day, I don't crave sweets anymore. I was going to make Sunday a "free" day (not pig out, but maybe an extra treat or two), but I really don't enjoy those things anymore. Yesterday, for instance, my treat was a small serving of Bryer's gelato, but I didn't particularly enjoy it.

I don't remember if I told you all or not (and I'm too lazy to look), but Baby Ziggy did make the calendar - he's going to be Mr. January! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Guess I'd better get moving; I know I have some packages at the PO, so I need to go and pick them up as well as take Autumn and Honeybun out.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Jean....I have never heard of that brand on the Q...I'll have to go look it up. It is cold in the house too but outside beautiful. Congrats Arlene to Baby Ziggy and the calendar.
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I think the boots are the TSV for October 31. They come in some very nice colors.

Arlene--Hopefully, if you get new neighbors, they will be good ones. I don't do a lot of fussing when it comes to getting ready. I do like accent pieces and since a watch is needed, I can always grab one that appeals to me for the day.

Have any of you ever checked out Amazon's Warehouse section? Sometimes, you can find some goodies there. It operates similar to QVC's As Is. Customer returns, etc.

Respected Contributor

Jean, where do you find Amazon's warehouse section?

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--You can use the search bar but an easy way is to look up a new item and then look to the side where "used" ones are sold. Click on that and skim down to where you find one sold by Amazon. If you use the search bar, put in Amazon warehouse. When the page loads, to the side is the usual way of searching: all departments or by a specific department. Some of these things are customer returns, refurbished, etc. but still are sold under Amazon's return policy for the item. Many people buy refurbished electronics such as tablets, e-readers, etc. There is also "Kindle Outlet." The Kindles sold via the Outlet carry the same one year warranty as the new ones but sell for less. This link has more info: www.amazon.com/shops/warehouse_deals

Esteemed Contributor

Oooops! I turned on QVC in time to see the long awaited straight leg Dream Jeannes presented. Two pair may come home. I can wear these to work but can't regular jeans. The short version is now completely sold out.