Frequent Contributor

Denim shirt and pencil skirt

I am seeing a lot of denim shirt styled with black pencil skirt in the catalogs. Is it fashionable to wear denim shirt to work these days ?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Denim shirt and pencil skirt

I haven't see much, if at all, people wearing denim shirts. Denim "shirt?" Seems strange too me. If indeed this is the trend that's going on, I get a hunch that it will be very short lived.

Now the black pencil skirt on the other hand is a gorgeous look that is timeless. Pair with a white blouse, or if you're feeling daring...a shimmery satin blouse. Smiley Happy

http://www.imgbabes.com/zj5o33eyfvqp/DSCN0245.jpg.html

Honored Contributor

Here are some looks from J. Crew:

Esteemed Contributor

Unless you work in a super conservative environment, chambray/denim has found its way back for a couple of years now. With denim, accessories DO make a difference.

Super Contributor

LOVE the look, it's been in for a couple years now. You can find chambray shirts at Loft, Gap, Old Navy, lots of places! The only problem I have is I am a bit bootylicious so pencil skirts aren't always a "work appropriate" look for me.
Contributor

I love this look and as others have said...it's been around for a few years now.

Regular Contributor

I love this combination...every time I see it online or in a catalogue my eye goes right to it. I'm a huge fan of classic white button downs but the two chambray ones currently in my closet are almost as versatile. I agree when combining the casual boyfriend vibe of a denim shirt with a lady like element like a black pencil skirt...the accessories tie the look together.
Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 magicmoodz said:

Unless you work in a super conservative environment, chambray/denim has found its way back for a couple of years now. With denim, accessories DO make a difference.

LOVE THIS!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 PalmTree11 said: LOVE the look, it's been in for a couple years now. You can find chambray shirts at Loft, Gap, Old Navy, lots of places! The only problem I have is I am a bit bootylicious so pencil skirts aren't always a "work appropriate" look for me.

I got the prettiest one last spring at Banana Republic!

Honored Contributor

I do not think denim anything is work appropriate unless where you work is very casual dress.