Super Contributor

Has anyone had any orders recently revert to backordered without any notification?

When I ordered, everything was in stock, payment fine. A day or two later I check my order and one item is now backordered. The next day, it is in process and a different item is backordered. Maybe there was a mix-up but I do not understand the rest. It was not waitlisted it was backordered. Hope I still get it. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

That would be very frustrating. Personally, I would call CS and ask about my particular orders.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

That is annoying and has happened to me. I did get the items so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not sure why it happened and when I did call CS they didn't know, either. But I did get them. Backorder is not like Waitlist at all. Backorder means you placed the order and they "sold" it to you and they didn't have enough quantity to fill the order, as they thought they did. They will either get the quantity from other orders that are say check orders or from orders that were canceled etc. or from the manufacturer but you will get the order eventually.

Waitlist just means you can wait and see if we have extra quantity and if we do we will send it. But you are not guaranteed to get it.

I'd call CS anyway if I were you to see what they can tell you.

Super Contributor

I appreciate your responses. I will call CS.

Thanks again!

Esteemed Contributor

I think this happens all too frequently. I've ordered as soon as a new item hit the screen, it was in process for a couple of days, then went to backorder. It's happened to me several times and I usually get the item eventually (it has taken as long as 3 weeks), but on one boot I didn't get the color of boot that was shown in the presentation - it was a light navy with silver studs...I received a very dark navy with gold studs. Right boot, but it was never even shown in the color I received - it went back. I only missed out on one item, a Carolyn Pollack piece--never got the most important piece of the collection and had to send the rest back. Sometimes QVC blames it on the vendor not giving the correct inventory numbers, once when I actually called a vendor, they blamed it on QVC. So .......???? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor

Yet another example of poor on-line service . The order tracking system for many customers has been ""down"" for weeks.

Frustrating with all the ""hoops"" customers are put through.