Trusted Contributor

I just read an article on MSN that Sarah Blakeley owns a condo in one of the most expensive properties in Manhattan. And all that for selling stretchy underwear!

http://realestate.msn.com/blogs/post--manhattans-new-most-expensive-listing-dollar130m-penthouse

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spanx-Sarah Blakely $$$$$$$

This comes as no surprise as the Spanx brand made Sarah a millionaire a long time ago. The brand keeps on growing and going strong, so Jethro, with his 6th grade ed-gication (Beverly Hillbillies reference), could figure out that the millions have multiplied over many times now.

Valued Contributor

I had read that she is the first female billionaire to sign a giving pledge, that gives half of what she earns to charity. For all these people that came up with successful inventions, I say more power to them! Why didn't I think of that.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/27/2014 piperbay said:

I had read that she is the first female billionaire to sign a giving pledge, that gives half of what she earns to charity. For all these people that came up with successful inventions, I say more power to them! Why didn't I think of that.

Thats wonderful!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I can't disagree with you.

I used to work with a woman in the 1970s in NYC, who cut the legs off of her L'Eggs in hot weather, and wore only the support top for "no more wiggle". Too bad she didn't think of marketing that idea. Unfortunately, we laughed at her. Now Ms. Blakely has laughed all the way to the bank the concept.

Respected Contributor

good for her!

An American entrepreneur success story.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 flickerbulb said:

I just read an article on MSN that Sarah Blakeley owns a condo in one of the most expensive properties in Manhattan. And all that for selling stretchy underwear!

http://realestate.msn.com/blogs/post--manhattans-new-most-expensive-listing-dollar130m-penthouse

No, "all that" for having an idea and seeing it through to fruition. So many people "think" of things and never do another thing about it. How many people say they were the "first" to think of the tab on coffee cup covers??? It only took one person to actually make it a reality.

"None of my inventions came by accident. I see a worthwhile need to be met and I make trial after trial until it comes. What it boils down to is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration." (Statement in a press conference (1929), Thomas Edison)

Honored Contributor

I think I admire her even MORE for doing this!

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/27/2014 graceandmercy said:

Thats wonderful!

It is wonderful. I really like it when the thing I like .... the thing I spend money/time on ... goes to a 'giver'.

I don't really know much about Sara ... but when she used to come onto the Q ... I thought she was so authentic. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her footless, high rise stockings.

I have tried the other shape wear items ... with less success. Although the Asset tights I bought last year were quite good. But boy o boy ... if they stopped making the high rise footless stockings I would be hoarding those babies and buying every pair I could get my hands on.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

She worked hard for it.