Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT SAT!

Good morning ladies! It is a cool fall morning 66° out this morning and I have that joyful feeling that I get this time of year when the weather is beautiful and bearable. Last night we ate outside and it was wonderful, except for an unwelcome mosquito. "If you think you are too small to be effective, try being in bed with a mosquito" is one of my favorite sayings. So the mosquito got a tiny bit of supper too, but it wasn't awful (and yes I carry spray in my car). ha ha!

It is the end of the month and I am nesting. Just made some bacon and sausage for breakfast, tea for the coming week and cleaning things out here and there as I go. It sprinkled/rained all night and we are glad for some precip (I know some of you may be rolling your eyes - hope you can send it all my way).

I've got pork chops out for supper and a few potatoes. Need to run out for a couple things but other than that I will be at home, taking care of things and doing what I do.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT SAT!

It is nice out this morning. Not sure if I had rain or not--I think you area was in the bullseye--not mine.

I need to do so many chores today---need to get moving.

No shopping other than a few grocery items.

Enjoy your weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Thank you for starting the thread. Today is a good day for relaxing and nesting, and the way you started the day sounds yummy. Mosquitoes? They love me, so I try to avoid areas in which they frequent.

LindaR--You enjoy your day also and get those chores done. Grocery items are a need and not a want.

I was so exhausted and not feeling well last night that I went to bed early to read as there wasn't anything on TV. I awakened at 10pm with Kindle still in hand and on about the second page I had read. I got up and took meds and went back to bed. I crawled out at 8am, much later than usual for me.

I've been going through a week's supply of accumulated mail, much of which is junk but some legitimate stuff often looks like junk so careful look is required before tossing. I had gone to the Post Office earlier this morning. Believe it or not, I already have a card replaced; they overnighted it. I guess they thought I was desperate to use it. It is amazing how quickly they can do things like that but with other things it seems to take ages.

I do have yesterday's TSV on check status. Now, that I have a card, I'll go and convert it to the card so it can ship. If today's Kindle had been the new updated 8.9 inch version, I would have ordered it. There is nothing wrong with the 7 inch Samsung Galaxy which works wonderfully for travel, tucking in handbag, etc. but I want something bigger for home use. Is it a need? No, it is a want so it is something I will consider carefully but it might be a good Christmas gift from Midnight to me. I have enough Amazon points accumulated to pay for it. I've let those accumulate for some time.

I'm off to fix some lunch but will check in later!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon everyone, hope all is well.

Kathleen - Thank you for starting us today, guess fall is "nesting" weather for a lot of people. This is the time I start making stews and soups again. Glad you got some rain last night, we have been very lucking this past week and have not gotten any rain. Guess this is a week of summer that we never had. I do love this time of year, I could take this weather until next summer.

Jean - Sorry you are not feeling well, hope whatever is wrong is gone soon. I have a Kindle Paperwhite (thing that is what it is called) and it is good for me. I don't use my Kindle a lot, I use mainly when I travel or if I have to sit and wait at an appt. I still buy books, my DH usually reads what I read (unless it is a chickflick book) and then I pass the book on to many others and then they pass it on to even more. This way I always feel like I got my monies worth out of the book.

LindaR - Hope you get some of your much needed rain soon.

Not much on the schedule for today, I have a floor to mop and need to pick up the house, someone here keeps cluttering it up. Well off to get some caffeine and get moving, have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--A floor to mop and things to pick up around the house; it never ends. I have a Kindle e-reader as well as the Samsung tablet. I've looked at my friend's Kindle Fire, but I think I prefer reading books from the regular Kindle e-reader; it is much easier on the eyes. I'm still using the Kindle Keyboard which I like very much. I see the new Paperwhite is incorporating the turn page buttons that were on the Keyboard.

I opened the windows for fresh air and went outside and changed the filter in the HVAC. I have a 30-gallon trash bag filled with my morning efforts so I'm going to take a break now and WEN my hair.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's overcast out, which is just as well - I have a lot of homework to catch up on. I'll take the dogs for a brief outing, but that's it for today's plans.

I went to the lousy local PO yesterday and asked to speak to the postmaster. The only clerk on duty was also the only person there who does any work, and she told me he was on a telecom call, so I let her know how disgusted I am with them. Turn out the package the mailman claims he "attempted" to deliver was there - he had written "box full" on it, which made no sense....the mailbox had only a few pieces of junk mail in it (I toss it all every week or so) and in any case, there's no way the box would have fit in it, as it was quite large. (It's a replacement for my spin mop - I don't need another bucket.) He's just too darned lazy to get out of his truck!

I took the dogs to the park, and we picked up the kitties - Baby Donny (who's getting to be a big boy) is doing well; Shoshanna got her shot for her URI, and will be going back in two weeks. I dropped a bag of clothes off for the missions closet, as well as some cupcakes for the church secretary; I stopped by Publix for two items that are BOGO this week, and that's ALL I got! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I came home and crashed, since I had gotten so little sleep the night before.

Thanks to those who voted for Baby Ziggy in the calendar contest - he's going to be Mr. January! He said his goal is to work for world peace and free catnip mice for all kitties, with extras for those who've had a rough time in life. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} If anyone wants a calendar, you can find out how to get one at wallyfriends.com or the Wally's Friends FB page.

BTW, the diet is coming along nicely - I'm proud of myself for passing up several treats I saw in the store but sure don't need. It seems to get easier as time goes on, and drinking a lot of water and tea helps me feel full.

I use my Kindle all the time - it's so handy to reach for to check the weather or news headlines quickly, I have a white noise app on it, Pandora for music, a couple of games I play when I'm trying to unwind for the night (mini golf and hidden objects), I use a great Bible app (where I can either read the Bible myself, or listen to it read), I like to listen to some radio programs on it, and use it to watch the very few TV shows I care about while I'm relaxing in bed. I even read books on it sometimes! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} It's tempting to get the new one, but I'm trying to cut back on things that aren't real needs.

I hope Rosa is doing OK - she hasn't checked in in a while. I know the holidays are difficult after your husband dies, especially the first year. Rosa, if you see this, you're in my prayers.

Guess I'd better get to work; I really don't feel like doing homework, so I've promised myself a reward when I'm caught up - dinner at The Mongolian Grill. (It's mostly meat & veggies so it's not a diet breaker, and for $10.99 is enough for two meals.) My "big" meal today is going to be stuffed cabbage rolls - they came out really well.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--Congrats upon Baby Ziggy being selected as January in the kitty calendar. What a great way to start the year! The Grill sounds like a great reward for getting the homework done. I'm sorry that you have problems with your Post Office. We don't have home delivery within the town limits so we all go to the Post Office. If I have a package too big for my mail box but small enough to go into the parcel locker in the outer area, they just put a key to the locker in my mail box.

I just saw Kathleen's post about when we decide to let loved items go. I'm wearing one of those now but after this wearing, it will go into the trash. It is comfy for wearing in the house but not good enough to give away. I just have so many items that it won't hurt me to let it go so I can use more of what I have in stock.

I'm watching the WEN show right now. I also saw my IM ceramic watch presented on six easy payments. I'm debating another one for my collection. I love these watches and use them like jewelry. The Hematite one is my favorite, followed by the black. I tried the white one but it just didn't strike a response in me as it looked "blah" to me. I'm debating the blush pink.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! DH's DD is here, and we are having nice weather. They predicted a rainy day (thunderstorms, etc.), but so far it is quite sunny. Her plane was delayed for about an hour yesterday (not due to the Chicago problem), but no problem. We stopped by the pizza place/bistro for lunch (where I had a gift certificate) on the way home from the airport, and the food was good. We came home and visited, and she took a walk around the neighborhood. Dinner was fine, and then we watched half of a Netflix movie (before we decided to go to bed.)

This morning, we all went for a walk, and then came home for a big breakfast. After that, we went to the park, and walked the nature trail. I am doing laundry now, she is reading, and DH is resting. I think we will go out for dinner tonight.

She is a nice person, and has some interesting experiences to share.

Sounds like you are having a nice weekend so far Kathleen. We could use some of that rain, but....

Hope you get those chores done LindaR, and you aren't too tired after doing them.

It is surprising how quickly they get some of those cards sent out Jean. I remember DH's son had a problem with his credit card (fraudulent charges), and he was shocked to receive a new card the next day. Hope that you get over whatever illness you have. Not fun feeling exhausted. Hope you enjoy the TSV and any gifts that Midnight wants to give you for Christmas.

Hi Susan -- it is amazing how things keep getting messy around the house isn't it? Hope you get the floor done, etc.

That is great about Ziggy being January Arlene. Glad you were able to stick to your shopping and food diet so well.

Waves to twinny, Marijane, Karen, Rosa, Nancy, Sonya, Jules, Gayle, Kathy, Val, Gina, and all of our posters and readers.

Guess it is time to prepare lunch now.

Have a good evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am glad that you are enjoying the time with DH's DD. I'm sure that DH and you will enjoy all your activities. I think working while fighting the bug just wore me out; it also doesn't help that I'm not as young as I once was. Reality stinks!

Ten Style Mistakes That Make You Look Heavier:

http://www.minq.com/style/2041/10-style-mistakes-that-make-you-look-heavier?os=true&cont=6882041f#s...

I pictured some QVC presentations when I viewed the slide show of mistakes.