Regular Contributor

It came today and I love the color and style but unfortunately it's going back. The armholes were so tight I felt like it was a straight jacket. I am a small person and sizing up to an xs would have been too big everywhere else. This jacket was just cut wrong. I'm so disappointed but lately the quality and oversight seem to be lacking. I order a lot from Q because I live in a rural area and shopping is very limited but I guess I'm going to have to look for an alternative way to shop because of this issue. I used to be able to count on sizing in the past but now it's a guessing game and the cost of returns is adding up. It may be convenient but the quality and value have been lacking for a while. I'm sure "the letter" will be in the mail.

Super Contributor

Re: Basso Turn Key Suede Jacket

Funny/Ironic you mentioned the armholes. I ordered the moto jacket in leather and that was the same complaint many folks and my family had about the jacket. My Mom, my sister, and I sized up.

I wonder if it isn't so much the cut as it is the lining being cut smaller. When I tried my jacket on it did not look tight in the arms but it felt tight. Now, I think I should have measured it. Although I still would have ordered up, I wanted the jacket and I have a great tailor. LOL {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Wow that is too bad! I hope you don't get the letter either.

I think Basso items usually run large, it's odd that the sleeves were so tight on that one. That's one of his coats I have admired for a long time, it looks very pretty. Too bad it did not work out for you. I am sure he has a lot more coming this fall, you may find something else you like. I think he has some lovely outerwear.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed the trend for more narrow sleeves and smaller armholes for a year now in ready to wear. I experienced the same thing with a Jones New York coat last winter. I'm totally average. 5' 6"" size 6/8.