Occasional Contributor

Spanx can be a hit or miss for a Mrs

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Some items that Spanx makes are great while others are downright uncomfortable , I bought one at Dillards and it has underwire under the breast and one under the armpit .

Oh, my the one under the armpit bends and it digs into to the point that is so painful that the one hundred and forty dollars that I paid for it seems like nothing after calling the company and begging them for at least some kind of credit . Dillards said no and Spanx said no - NO BIG DEAL because like I said before the pain is too much for me . Lesson learned .

Some items from Spanx are awesome ! don't get me wrong ( I love them ) others not so much as I learned from this experience. Oh, well

Super Contributor

Re: Spanx can be a hit or miss for a Mrs

Not a great endorsement for customer service for either company.

Esteemed Contributor

I know exactly what you mean! Odd how some items from a line are great while others not so much. A few months ago, I saw a thread here about the Assets (by Spanx) line at Target. I actually like it better than the pricier Spanx brand.

Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 wildcat fan said:

I know exactly what you mean! Odd how some items from a line are great while others not so much. A few months ago, I saw a thread here about the Assets (by Spanx) line at Target. I actually like it better than the pricier Spanx brand.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't been in Target in years but will most definitely try these out. I like Spanx underneath sweater dresses just to smooth everything out.Smile

Super Contributor

A size 4 or 2 and you still need/want Spanx???

Honored Contributor

They also have Bruce Jenner's endorsement. He was spotted wearing Spanx the other day.

Contributor

I purchased the Assets products and was not happy. The panty/brief has a tendency to roll and doesn't really hold much in place. Have had more success with regular Spanx. After purchasing an assortment of Spanx and Assets I am reverting to brands I wore previously.

Esteemed Contributor

I've done well w/ the Assets footless stockings (high rise). Didn't mind the Spanx version either...but I save on the Assets line.

Re shape wear...I only have use for the camisole shape wear as I use them for modesty purposes as well as a smoother line. My most recent success w/ a great shaper was the Carol Wior bodysuit. (a2362003) It looks like they are discontinuing a lot of the Carol Wior...hope that only means they are bringing in different items. Was very impressed w/ the Wior items. Next time I need a bathing suit (shudder) I will look at her stuff. Really nice quality and seems to be worth the $$.

I've tried a couple different camisoles from A M A Z O N....and they were not great....too rubbery. One felt like it was made out of balloon material. I had the best luck at a Macy's years ago when I tried on a v neck shaper. I've worn that thing to death and only recently found out it was 2 sizes larger than I would have 'thought' I should buy...which explains why it was more comfortable and smoothing vs shaping. LOL!

The good part is now I know...start w/ a larger size than I buy my tee shirts for smoothing vs when I need to squeeze into something and need to wear the smaller size shape wear.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

For me, I find it better to buy all spanx one size up. Especially if you are pear shaped then you buy one size larger and if you are fuller in the middle you go up a size to accommodate. Spanx does make a difference but for me I have to size UP to be comfortable for the entire day.

Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 ckr1147 said:

A size 4 or 2 and you still need/want Spanx???

Size 4 or 2 ? huh?