Respected Contributor

Yesterday was our church bazaar. Was a very long day---came home and collapsed. Glad it is over for a year!.

I haven't been browsing much (by design).

Tomorrow fall begins---I'm ready--although it has been a bit cooler with the fronts heading our way---not sure what the winter time will bring us.

Hope all are doing well.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT--Monday

Hello Ladies, another beautiful day here, i think it rained again last night but cleared out the humidity of yesterday and today is fall like.....just in time I guess!

You sound like you had a busy day yesterday LindaR...I bet you are glad you are done for another year!

Not much here I have been cleaning out some closets in the guest bedroom....found things with tags on them....right into the good will bag they went,haven't worn or looked for them for a few years so I didn't miss them...out they go and besides they were 'what was I thinking items' when I see them now!

We discovered another bee's nest outside by the garage doors,the guy will be here tomorrow to get rid of them. This is the 2nd time this summer....been living here over 10 years and never had had a problem with them. The first time they got right into our dining room making a hole from outside of house setting up their nest inside the wall and breaking thru the dining room wall making a tiny hole.

Well I better get back to my cleaning out closets while still in the mood.....it doesn't strike me often! Have a nice day everyone. Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!! Linda thank you for starting us. Did you bring anything home from the bazaar? I bought one pair of boots this weekend and a pair of jeans. At lunch today took the jeans back (a little big) and couldn't get the even exchange so came back and ordered a couple pairs and got my discount. They sure find a way to get more of my money.

I am really really looking forward to some cooler temps. I have to replace my little AC unit and need to do it soon before I burn up too much electricity cooling the whole house.

Marijane that is crazy about he bees! I know they made a huge hive in DH's boat one time under the seat, imagine his surprise! I had never seen anything like that up close. I hardly ever have unworn things and take tags off as soon as I wear them, but I have a dress that I bought and have not worn. It's very cute, just a little too thin to show off more of my "figure" than I would want. I might need to wear shapewear with it. I am looking forward to cooler weather for that too. Just too hot for shapewear or hose in the summer.

I was looking at my fitbit site and haven't gotten my 10,000 steps this month or last month, so I'm hoping to get back into it.

No plans here. Need to clean the house a bit tonight. I got back last night at 10 and in bed at 11, happy about that because I got to boot camp this morning. I need to start making it a habit again.

Hugs to all!

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I just got home from work and am watching the Mark Zunino show. He has some very nice items but right now I'm resisting buying. I did just discover I had one of those easy pay on requests in the mail which I just got around to opening. Time will tell but right now, I can't think of anything to use it on.

I work tomorrow and Wednesday, but will have a break on Thursday as I have a cardiologist appointment. I also have to take my car in for one of those recall notices so I'll be doing that on the same day to reduce conflicts with work.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. Hope you have some time to relax after that busy weekend, although I'm sure work isn't that relaxing.

Nice that you were able to go through those closets Marijane. It is a shame when you find things unworn and unlikely to be worn in your closets. But, it is nice to clean them out. Sorry about those bees -- glad you will have them taken care of tomorrow.

Good for you getting some rest and going to bootcamp this morning Kathleen. Hope you get back to 10,000 steps soon. I always feel bad when I don't reach that goal, to the extent that sometimes I'm walking in place at night rather than going into the bed. Hope you can take your time in replacing the AC since it isn't too hot there. We still need our AC here, but I will be happy to save some money when we can just open the windows.

Glad you are able to work several days this week Jean, and you also have a break. Hope things go well with the cardiologist.

I'll be leaving for Curves soon. DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and then we went to COSTCO. No "fun" purchases there.

DD had quite a scare with youngest DGS over the weekend. He played football Friday evening, and had practice on Saturday, but came home very sick. He couldn't breathe, etc. Anyway, DD took him to urgent care, and they told her he needed to go to the emergency room. His blood pressure was through the roof, etc. Fortunately, his doctor was at the hospital, and she saw him and prescribed medicine, breathing therapy, etc. He also had a very bad ear infection. DD had to give him breathing treatments every four hours yesterday, and he seems better today. In fact, he felt so good that he was able to go to school.

College DGS got sick yesterday, and the minute clinic said he was about to get broncitis. He is taking medicine now, and seems better.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Karen, Susan, Gayle, Jules, Val, Rosa, Sonya, Nancy, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

LindaL: Oh my your poor DD she has her hands full with kids being ill. Glad to hear they are feeling a bit better.

No I didn't bring anything home--actually brought home laundry to do--but no ""goodies"". I worked the take out line and it was solid from the time we opened up at 11:00 until we closed at l:00. No time for even a break. Then I went inside to help out and stopped in the kitchen. Relieved a lady---I am not sure how old she is--I'm thinking 80 plus. I took over her pot washing duties. I walked outside for a minute. I had brought some items for the auction and the country store. I saw some of them leaving so I know a little went into the coffers from my contributions. Came home and crashed---still feeling it today!.

Respected Contributor

Linda I love watching things I let go of go to a good home. I know those church functions take a lot of work. I'm feeling a bit useless now that I don't do anything or serve in any capacity at my church. Another church in SM asked me to lead their group but the night I went over there was the night Kyanne was so amped up - there is no way that would work.

Linda, so glad the GKs are ok. It is scary when they can't breathe. I can only imagine. I used to walk before bed too, to get extra steps. I expect to get back to it as it cools a little bit. Have you tried any new recipes lately?

Time to get to bed - everyone have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

No new recipes, but I made carrot cake for the first time in ages. It is yummy.