Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Happy Sunday to everyone, hope you have a fun day planned. DH and I are leaving for breakfast soon and of course it looks like it is going to pour. We have been very lucky the last few day weather wise, but I guess it must rain some time.

Jean - Hope your trip to Columbus went well. Glad you are happy with your new jacket. Hope your sniffles didn't turn into something worse.

Kathleen - Hope the new jeans work out for you, I hate when they start to bag after you have them on for just a little while. I really miss the all cotton jean, they are getting harder and harder to find.

Not much on the agenda for today, I really need to do some cleaning, it has been pushed aside to work in the yard. Well off to get some breakfast, hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Enjoy your breakfast out and hopefully, it won't rain. It is also dismal looking here.

I thought about making a run to the city and getting my nails done today but I really feel lousy. Since I work tomorrow with middle school "angels," I probably need to stay put and try to get this under control.

I did turn on the TV to see a smoker TSV being presented. I turned to HSN and heard Diane Gilman talking about glitz and glitter being back in as she presented a top that looked like one I had seen SG do at one point.

I see Amazon has a new Kindle Fire about to be launched. I'm debating getting a new tablet but am interested in one about 10 inches. Debate, debate! The 7 inch Galaxy Tab I have has been great and still works well so I'm also looking at the new version in the 10 inch.

I do know that I will be making a purchase today of something to help dry up the sniffles.

Have a great day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone, back from breakfast and very full.

Jean - Sorry you still don't feel well, when I get the sniffles, I use Alka Seltzer Plus Cold, don't really like the taste, but it does clear you up. If you use it too many times in the day it can make you drowsy, so if I have to go somewhere I just use it in the morning and then before I go to bed.

I have a Surface computer and it is a nice size and it has the kickstand to hold it up if you want. I also like that you can use a keyboard or take it off and use it like a tablet. It is a nice size if you travel with a computer, I don't travel with one because it is just one more thing to keep track of. I am a lazy traveler.

Well the sun did come out for a few moments and we are back to looking dismal again. Oh well, can't do much about it.

Hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, breakfast out is always fun, but we do it mostly when we are traveling. We do it too sometimes when it is sr. citizen Weds. & we are out & about. Hope you get sunny skies soon.

Jean, I hope you are felling better soon. Good luck tomorrow teaching your little "angels." My tablet is 7" which I love as it fits into most of my purses.

DH & I are soon leaving for downtown for the church services on the square. Then the big parade starts at 12:30 & lasts about 3 hours. We did leave our chairs on the parade route last night, now we have to hope we can get a parking spot in one of the three handicapped parking areas. It rained hard late last night & looks dreary today.

Lunch will something fun like maybe a walking taco. They said they made 7,000 pounds of cheese curds this year as the crowds are expected to exceed all other years. The thing I dread is the crowds. Yesterday they did cheese factory tours & the barn quilt tours. Both are very popular.

Tomorrow I have an appt. in Madison at the "big clinic." My neurologist will tell me how often he wants me to get my infusions. Prayers would be appreciated. I am also struggling with a sore right foot, so hopefully I will get answers for that too.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Prayers indeed for your neurology appointment. I do hope the chairs you left on the parade route are still there. With crowds, anything might develop including appropriated chairs. Enjoy your day and the parade. Walkng taco? I conjured up an image of a taco with legs. Smiley Happy

Susan--It sounds as if you have a great choice for a tablet. I don't care for virtual keyboards so I'll be looking for one in which a keyboard can also be used. My Galaxy Tab has a cover with three different positions for standing the Tab when not being held in hand. It is really great for travel, and I'll likely still use it as I don't travel that much. I haven't tried the Alka Seltzer Plus as I usually take a generic version of Claritin.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies...Hope you had a nice breakfast out Susan. My DH went for the papers this morning and came back with a bagel with cream cheese and lox for me.....one of my favorites .

Hope you get over your cold soon Jean and feel better this week for your subbing this coming week.

Twinny sounds like you had a very busy weekend,enjoy the parade and will,keep you in my prayers that everything goes great for tomorrow.

Safe travels back from the big city Kathleen.

It poured rain during the night which we needed but the sun has come out and looks to be a decent day now. Not much going on hoping to get something done around here. I have started to put summer clothes away and also part with some I never even wore. have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Well I guess I spoke too soon about turning into a sunny day....like Susan's weather it has gotten very dark and looks like it will pour any second.

As far as tablets go I have my IPad air that Inlike very much...Apple just put out an IOS8 update that I downloaded the other day..has great new features which will probably be lost on me unless I can figure them out LOL. My original iPad almost 4 years old is still chugging along and I do use it occasionally .....I have never loaded a book on any though....I like to hold one in my hand. Maybe someday.

Esteemed Contributor

Just returned from the drug store where I intended to buy the generic version of Claritin D. Something must be going around as they were out of the generic. I came home with the brand name as this needs to end. Of course, I felt like a criminal as I had to produce the driver's license, etc. I wish people would quit using this stuff to make illegal drugs.

I now have a black cat on my lap. We'll be heading for the bed as soon as I finish my coffee.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Glad you had a nice breakfast out. DH and I haven't been out for breakfast in a while, but it can be fun. I make a big deal out of breakfast (grind coffee, steam milk, make smooties, etc.), which is a complete contrast to what I did when I was working.

Sorry your weather isn't nice, but I guess rain is necessary. We had some sprinkles yesterday, but very little. It was "partly cloudy" on our walk this morning, and relatively cool (low 70's). Very nice. It should reach the low-mid 90's for the next several days.

Certainly hope the medicine helps Jean. Sorry you don't feel well enough to go into the city. Good luck with the middle school students tomorrow. I think middle school (junior high) was the most difficult time for me and for DD as well. And, it seems to be difficult for lots of kids. I don't have much use for a tablet, except when we are traveling. The i-Pad (we have a keyboard with it) works quite well when we are traveling. I do have a Kindle, but it is used for book reading only.

Hope you have a nice, if busy day twinny. I'm not happy in big crowds either, but maybe it will be so much fun you won't notice the crowds as much. Prayers and good wishes are coming your way for tomorrow.

Hi Marijane -- glad your DH brought back a breakfast you enjoyed. Good luck with the clothes sorting.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, LindaR, bird mama, Jules, Gayle, Karen, Val, Rosa, Sonya, Nancy, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Nothing exciting planned for today -- church, gym, and ironing. Maybe some cleaning. I did work on a few closets (not clothes) yesterday, but there are many more to organize.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

We have a beautiful day out here, so I'm getting ready to take the dogs someplace - not sure where we're going yet.

Yesterday I had to pick up a couple of things at Walmart and looked for new mini-blinds at Lowe's - they don't have the size I need, at least not at a reasonable price (with naughty kitties I'm not about to get expensive blinds), but apparently Ace Hardware does, and if the store doesn't have them in stock I can order them through the website and they'll deliver to the store for free, so...there goes another $21. (I don't mind spending money on "fun" stuff, but things like that... {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}) We stopped at Sweet Frog for frozen yogurt as I hadn't had any in a long time; the dogs each got a couple of ounces of peanut butter, which they loved, glommed down, and then tried to mooch some of mine...which didn't work, as I was enjoying it too much. (I got root beer float, watermelon, and chocolate thin mint.) They sure went up in price; next time I go, it'll either be by myself or else I'll eat it inside - for a medium cup for me and about 1/3 cup for each of them it was over $8.

I was right by Marshall's so I went in and looked for a grey purse; they had a very poor selection of purses in general, and nothing else caught my eye - the clothing this season doesn't do anything for me. I didn't feel like going home yet, so I stopped at TJ Maxx, and could have come home with a half dozen purses! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I did find a grey one with a black trim by a brand that I like, and I also got a Christian LaCroix purse in black that's absolutely gorgeous and was almost 75% off - on the latter it was a toss-up between black and beige, but I think I'll get more use out of the black.

I also got Autumn a new bed to put in the bottom of her crate; if she wrecks this one, she's out of luck - she'll sleep on the hard bottom. Surprisingly, she's taken to the crate very well and even goes in there by herself when she wants to relax as well as at night.

Hope you're feeling better, Jean - try some extra vitamin D3, as it builds up the immune system.

I read about the new Kindle from Amazon, but the one I have serves its purpose very well and is less than a year old. I guess that's one way to get people to keep buying - just add new features, or a new size, or whatever.

Hope you had a good day, twinny, and I'd be honored to pray for you.

I've been buying things here and there for the Operation Christmas Child boxes for the last month or two - I pick up cute things as I see them - but even so was surprised to see a stack of empty but decorated boxes at church today to take already! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Time sure is flying!

Guess I'll get moving - I have to get back and get homework done.

Have a blessed day, everyone!