Trusted Contributor

Today's special from Diane Gilman is a sleek pair of jeggings and /or boyfriend sweater. I have never worn any other brand pant except IMAN and Lauren women's since my first pair of her stretch jeans. Since then I've bought them in the new styles as they come out. Hers are built on the opposite plan QVC uses. I don't have a waist, never have and surely haven't after the kids , surgeries, fractures etc. They never bite in, never strangle you. The stretch gets better and better with every new model and they always keep their color and shape, bouncig back from anything. I sound like a salesperson for DG2. I assure you there is no connection except my gratitude for jeans I can actually wear in comfort, in any shape, bootcut, flare, baby flare, jegging or skinny jean . Wanted to share the event $44.00 as opposed to $140 for my Laurens. I rely on QVC for tops and recently have been seriously disappointed.

Can't understand, won''t wear LOGO with their mismatched no color colors, torn, crooked skimpy fabric. Bob Mackie won't step up his production of fabulous tops I look forward to every season. I will not be caught in any top, especially a jacket that ends above my navel and squeezes in at the waist I don't have. Any suggestions? Sometimes, as far as tops go, I would rather be back in uniform.

The jegings are selling by the thousands if you want yours, hurry. Colors already limited. and is only been an hour.

Honored Contributor
Oh, no. They look ugly--that waist band. After several attempts with DG2 jeans, all poor fitting, confusion about sizing-more than any online vendor that I've experienced, including several TS--all returned, there is no appeal for me. I've read more sizing problems with DG2 than any online vendor, and jeans are supposed to be her specialty! The issue is firmly with Diane and how she sizes her jeans and then brags about being a size 2 when clearly she is not, so it misleads customers. Plus 45 is not a great TS price, and add 6 for shipping. He line-overall is priced too high.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

her jeggings are the only bottoms of hers that fit me well.....i have not ordered any but i will probably cave in the morning. i am more hippy, have a pear shape, and find that her other jeans and bottoms dont work well for women with hips, but the jeggings do. they are definitely super comfortable and wear well.

did you hear the woman who said she owned 100 pairs of DGs jeans?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
On 9/20/2014 sunshine45 said:

her jeggings are the only bottoms of hers that fit me well.....i have not ordered any but i will probably cave in the morning. i am more hippy, have a pear shape, and find that her other jeans and bottoms dont work well for women with hips, but the jeggings do. they are definitely super comfortable and wear well.

did you hear the woman who said she owned 100 pairs of DGs jeans?

Sunshine-how many times have you had to return her jeans? Not watching her shows, nor trying her clothing anymore since I have to pay return fee even though she is to blame for the sizing issues and misleading customers. Is she still bragging sbout being a size 2, or maybe she's down to a 0 ? Also, her previous jeggings always look so horrible around the knees-very wrinkly. Now the ugly waistband. Fashion disaster-Yikes.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

chi-town, i tried her regular jeans maybe twice. they work well for my mom who has a waist, but no hips or behind. for me, they just didnt work because !of my hips. after that i said no more.......until she did the jeggings. i decided to try the jeggings and they actually work well with my pear figure! the waistband doesnt bother me at all because no one would ever see that. i wear them with tunics or tanks/camisoles with a jacket or sweater on top. i am not a "tucker". i really have not had any problems with the knee area either. i buy my regular size large OR the large talls and they work for me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
On 9/20/2014 sunshine45 said:

chi-town, i tried her regular jeans maybe twice. they work well for my mom who has a waist, but no hips or behind. for me, they just didnt work because !of my hips. after that i said no more.......until she did the jeggings. i decided to try the jeggings and they actually work well with my pear figure! the waistband doesnt bother me at all because no one would ever see that. i wear them with tunics or tanks/camisoles with a jacket or sweater on top. i am not a "tucker". i really have not had any problems with the knee area either. i buy my regular size large OR the large talls and they work for me.

Well I understand when you find something that works, and the photos look fine from thigh down. I hope you are happy if you decide to purchase. Diane's legs are chunky and she squeezes in a size too small so her legs always look like suffed sausages with all the knee wrinkles. Not a selling point! She lost me as a customer with the recent "suede" pants TS. Obviously no issues for her despite the high return factor. It would be refreshing if she could ever "get real" with sizing/fit-address it and discuss it. Maybe the customer that bought 100 pairs was determined to find her correct size, lol. Who has 100 pairs of the same brand, and why??? What size is Diane wearing in the jeggings?

Super Contributor

For me, if I go down enough in size for the waist to fit, then the rise becomes too short.

The main point I wanted to make here, though, is that I was cleaning my closet (ok, it's never clean, just tossing some things) I noticed that a pair of DG jeans had metal plating flaking off of the hardware (the rivets) and looked really bad. My RL jeans and Levis seem to be solid brass or something like that. Not plated, never peeling. - Bird

Respected Contributor

No thanks.

DG2 jeans have a yucky feel to me- very scratchy and not soft. I donated all of my pairs.

Jeggings/ skinnies are everywhere in stores. Hers are $45 + S&H, not such a deal.

The skinny/ legging/ jegging look is not office-appropriate IMO (my daily routine) , so these are not that usable for me.

Respected Contributor

I have Gilman jeggings in faded denim and black. They're the boot-cut style, not the skinnies. They make even me at 5'3" look like I have long legs. I have terrible problems with her regular jeans because the waist is always too big unless I go down a size, which makes the rest of them too tight. Her jeggings have an elastic waistband (not like the TSV) that fits everyone. I highly recommend her boot-cut jeggings with the regular elastic waist. I have jeans of hers that I got over five years ago and have worn over and over. They're a bit faded but otherwise in good shape.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/20/2014 Chi-town girl said: Oh, no. They look ugly--that waist band. After several attempts with DG2 jeans, all poor fitting, confusion about sizing-more than any online vendor that I've experienced, including several TS--all returned, there is no appeal for me. I've read more sizing problems with DG2 than any online vendor, and jeans are supposed to be her specialty! The issue is firmly with Diane and how she sizes her jeans and then brags about being a size 2 when clearly she is not, so it misleads customers. Plus 45 is not a great TS price, and add 6 for shipping. He line-overall is priced too high.

I agree! The wide waistband looks tacky and the colors look cheap, except for the black, IMO. I sent the last TS back, the sueded twill jeans. They were too tight! I have ordered many over the years, same size and they are all over the place. There is no consistency. On the other hand, I love her tops, but wait for the sales! I agree with Chi about the TS being expensive for a jegging. I was tempted until I saw them on the models, they just LOOK tacky~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West