Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 9/20)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is going to be a day of recovery and relaxing for me after a day trip to Columbus, Ohio...3 hours each way. I won't have a problem with lunch today as I have leftovers from The Cheesecake Factory. I always keep a cooler in the car just in case I bring things home.

I have had a record shipping from QVC. I ordered a Dennis Basso Faux Leather jacket and two days later it was sitting at the Post Office thanks to UPS not delivering it to my home. The only problem is that the Post Office window closed before I could get there from work and the package is too big for the after hours locker. That jacket has been at the Post Office for three days, so hopefully I can retrieve it today but the Post Office isn't open long on Saturday.

Obviously, today is not a QVC day for me as I'm not into Christmas shopping right now. There are alternatives for me but I know that this type of programming does have appeal to others.

I'm off to the Post Office. I hope each of you has a great day!

Shop but shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 9/20)

Congrats on the new coat. They got me earlier this week with the pole saw TSV. I had been thinking of buying a saw like this (jaw saw) and figured I'd try it out on easy pay.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I will be doing my recuperating but not until next Weds. I am glad that you did get DB #2 as you liked the first one so well. Our trip was fantastic with great weather every day for three weeks. I didn't do any shopping for the first two weeks of our vacation as we were too busy doing as much beach time as we could & I ate all of the seafood I could get my hands on. Shrimp, lobster, lobster roll, fish & great fries. I told DH I probably spent as much $$$ on seafood as he did putting gas into our Kia going out & coming back.

Our big 100th anniversary of "Cheese Days" started yesterday. DH& I take mopeds as we can park near & it makes my life much easier. Today I want to take my moped soon & go to the arts & crafts fair. DH will be meet me in the motorcycle only parking area so we can see the musical entertainment again today on the square. The 130 accordions will be playing at noon today & they will also be in the parade tomorrow. Cheese is the huge thing & they said they ordered 7,000 lbs. of cheese curds to fry as people will wait in line for 2 hours for them.

We have had my cousin here since Thursday enjoying the fun with us. She has a friend in town so she parks her car there as parking is horrible right now anywhere.

Bird Mama, I didn't see the saw but it sounds interesting.

Hugs to all of you. More later maybe...

Esteemed Contributor

Bird--I didn't see the saw presented but I'm a sucker for things that make life easier at the home...and it is something I can use. The last similar item I got was a small chain saw I used to take care of some unwanted branches, etc. too big for that ratcheting thing they sell.

Twinny--I'm glad that you had a great vacation and investing money into great food provides for good memories. The Cheese Festival sounds interesting. Mo-peds are a great solution to the issues created by heavy traffic at events such as this. I'm also happy that you and your cousin are having a great visit.

I retrieved the package from the Post Office. The DB jacket is a great fit and the black jacket looks and feels like real leather. This is a great jacket and is so much better looking than the washable suede jacket DB had as a TSV but that is my humble opinion. I thought it looked too much "biker chick" for someone my age and passed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions about the compression stockings yesterday. I am definitely going to purchase some before I fly again. I have never had swelling issues until a recent long car trip and decided then, that I had better look into them. Enjoy your day. Judy

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I just got back home from the arts/crafts fair. I bought 2 bars of soap (spearmint & vanilla) & a bar of solid hand lotion. That is so nice to keep my feet hydrated & easier than lotions or gels. She makes all of her things from goats milk. Glad you did finally retrieve your jacket. wear it in good health.

DH & I are heading out for more music fun. The guy that will be playing at 11:00 plays all over the country & world. Last weekend he was in Portland, OR. Lunch will be downtown as there will be different bands all day & night. Last night I went to bed at 9:00 & got up today at 8:00. It was supposed to rain this a.m., but it is sunny now. It did rain a bit in the night.

Esteemed Contributor

Judy or kasakitty--I just saw your post from yesterday. I have bought from Ames Walker and have been very satisfied. On the last trip, I used the version that are made to be used with sandals as they are open toe. They worked very well. I have a real problem with swelling on long trips and am at risk for stroke, so I started using these with great success.

Twinny--The bars of soap sound like a great purchase. It sounds like a real fun day with the things available to buy as well as the music. Let's hope the rain holds off!!

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like another busy day for many of our posters. For me, this is a recovery day from yesterday's trip. In the meantime, I just noted I hadn't paid my estimated Federal taxes so I've made hasty payment. I am now off to discover some Kindle time and fight some sniffles. I think I am allergic to paying taxes.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's bright and sunny out but with rain forecast for later, so I'd better get out in a little while. Had a busy day yesterday - I got a bunch of packages mailed to the troops, then headed out to my bank in Jasper. I met a friend for lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and couldn't resist checking out the Goody's next door. They had lots of absolutely gorgeous tops, but...they were all for summer! I did find a nice one in a dark blue print that's nice to wear from now until the weather turns cold (it has short sleeves), and when I paid for it I asked the cashier why they didn't have any fall items. She replied that the storage room was full...but first they had to get rid of the summer merchandise, and kept marking it down. So many beautiful items - I'd have been sorely tempted if I didn't already have probably 100 or more summer tops that I've had for years and have never worn. {#emotions_dlg.blush} Many of them were purchased when I lived in Hawaii...and thought I'd never live anywhere else.

I stopped at Walmart on the way home; some of my bad kitties destroyed my dining room mini blinds, and I wanted to see if they had a better price than Amazon. Unfortunately they're an unusual width (52") and they didn't have them; I'll check Lowe's later today.

I had a ticket to see Chicago last night, and of course, as so often happens, since I was in a hurry to get home there was an accident on the road; I turned around, backtracked, and took the highway....which was backed up with Friday traffic. (sigh) I did get to the theater in time, and the play was absolutely wonderful! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} (I had seen the movie, but not a live performance.) I often find it amazing how talented many amateur performers are - sometimes even more so than "names." So many catchy tunes...but I don't mind having them in my head today. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hope you enjoy your new jacket, Jean - I have several coats by Dennis Basso, and love them all. I could use a brown jacket as I have a lot that would go with it and gave away the one that I had two years ago. I do have a leather one, but it's not very warm; it wouldn't be suitable when the weather turns cold. Burlington is going to be opening in the next town in October, so maybe I'll check them out.

Those 130 accordions bring back memories, twinny! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} My eyes still aren't quite back to normal...I just read that your cousin parked her cat at your place!

We have a downtown market every Sunday that has local produce, foods, and crafts, and one of the vendors there sells soap made from goat's milk. I haven't been to it yet this year - the last week for it is the one before Christmas, so hopefully I'll be able to get over there. After that they're closed until April or May.

I guess I'd better get moving; I have to pick up a couple of things at Walmart, take the dogs to the park, then have homework get caught up on. I also have a ton of cleaning to catch up with - it's behind because I couldn't see - but, the homework has to be done first. (Don't you love it when you have a good excuse to procrastinate from doing something you don't like to do? Wink)

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Super Contributor

matbe qvc will realize soon that it's not a shopping day for many when the dedicate the whole day to christmas chatchkies with shipping fees

come on QVC stop already