Regular Contributor

Anyone notice strong odor of dye from Logo Layer pieces?

I just got 2 Logo Layers tunics and they smell horrible. At first I thought it might be dry cleaning solvent, but I now think it must be the dye they used; the tops I ordered were dark, a purple and a black one. I am sending them back because I have had dark denim jeans and the smell would never wash out and I worried that this might be the case with the tops.

Has anyone else had a problem and did the odor wash out?

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone notice strong odor of dye from Logo Layer pieces?

I've never had that problem with LOGO. Sorry.
Super Contributor

No problem with any of mine.

Super Contributor

No smell at all.

Super Contributor

No problems with odor from LOGO pieces. But the fabric is different than denim - try airing them out or washing them.

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 okiebug said:

No problems with odor from LOGO pieces. But the fabric is different than denim - try airing them out or washing them.

Will they (QVC) accept returns if they have been washed? Thanks.
Valued Contributor

No problem with smell from any LOGO pieces. I had a horrible smell come from a Susan Graver liquid knit top, and a George Simonton top. They were "New Today" items, so I don't think they were returns...probably the dye or the manufacturing plant.

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 KippyK3 said:

Yes, and if there's still an odor, call CS and tell them they're defective and you won't have to pay shipping. You have 30 days to return, period, no conditions.

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 KippyK3 said:

Yes, and if there's still an odor, call CS and tell them they're defective and you won't have to pay shipping. You have 30 days to return, period, no conditions.

I thought so. I have never tried to return anything after washing it. I have read comments though, from others who said they had already washed something, so they couldn't return it. So, that's good know. Also, no, I haven't had any odor from any of my LOGO tops.
Super Contributor

I have several LOGO pieces, and have never noticed an odor in any of them.
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft