Esteemed Contributor

I SAW THE ALTUZARRA LINE AT TARGET YESTERDAY . . .

I had to run to Target to pick something up for my father-in-law and as I have stated before, I cannot enter a store without looking at EVERYTHING.

I had forgotten the Alturzarra line had launched when I happened upon it. This line did not change my already formed opinion that it doesn't matter what label or name you attached to a garment, it doesn't make it quality. I believe Target's house brands--Merona and Mossimo are of better quality.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I SAW THE ALTUZARRA LINE AT TARGET YESTERDAY . . .

I want to check out this line at my local Targets. I was hoping that it would provide some nicer stuff than the other lines.

I don't want to insult anyone who does well at Target, but I have always been horribly disappointed at the clothing lines there. It all looks so inferior to me, and really mostly geared for the very young, and by very young I mean teens and under.

Maybe it's my local Target, because everything is wrinkled beyond belief, and just not appealing in any way. Maybe Targets in other areas have nicer things, but not mine. I think my local Walmart's clothing merchandise looks way nicer for clothing in that low price range.

I do buy a lot of t-shirts at Target, though. They have a lot of nice lightweight or tissue weight tees, and they are often on sale for terrific prices, but that's about it.

Honored Contributor

I got the brown python bow blouse - it is surprisingly good quality.

It has three covered buttons on each sleeve and a nice, generous amount of material for the bow.

I liked the black jacquard pencil skirt too....but NOT the high, HIGH slit. That was a deal breaker for me!

I actually thought this was one of the better quality lines I have seen at Target.

I usually just get basics like t shirts, workout clothes and socks there - but I ended up getting the bow blouse and both the short and long sleeve python t shirts - a very classy print, IMO.

Respected Contributor

My Target is well kept and new looking but I don't usually do well clothing wise there. I find their prices to be high for the quality you get..

With that I did buy a couple blazers last year with pleather sleeves for less then forty bucks adn the quality was pretty good and I am happy with them..

I have no clue what this line looks like but am going to go peek online.

Respected Contributor

Okay I looked. I don't see what the fuss is about????

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/19/2014 terrier3 said:

I got the brown python bow blouse - it is surprisingly good quality.

It has three covered buttons on each sleeve and a nice, generous amount of material for the bow.

I liked the black jacquard pencil skirt too....but NOT the high, HIGH slit. That was a deal breaker for me!

I actually thought this was one of the better quality lines I have seen at Target.

I usually just get basics like t shirts, workout clothes and socks there - but I ended up getting the bow blouse and both the short and long sleeve python t shirts - a very classy print, IMO.

terrier, I ordered both the python T shirts too, and should get them today. I did try them on at Target and liked the fabric too! I LOVE the python bow blouse, thats next on my list! Glad you're happy! I also got the black faux fur jacket..its very different from anything else I have! I like it!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 CouponQueen said:

Okay I looked. I don't see what the fuss is about????

I know, right?

Honored Contributor

It's like the "designer" lines they haul out at Kohl's too. Those are mostly disappointments with a few decent things thrown in.

Like blueroses, I'm not a big Target clothing fan. I think the quality just isn't there for the price. Some of their prices are on par with sales prices at department stores. Target is a "mart" store!

I have 2 things in my closet right now that I can think of that I've had for quite awhile, wear a lot and they've held up well. One was a gift from my sister and another is a thin button front chiffon trim sweater that bought on clearance. That sweater still never fails to get me compliments. I also like some of their jeans.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/19/2014 LipstickDiva said:

It's like the "designer" lines they haul out at Kohl's too. Those are mostly disappointments with a few decent things thrown in.

Like blueroses, I'm not a big Target clothing fan. I think the quality just isn't there for the price. Some of their prices are on par with sales prices at department stores. Target is a "mart" store!

I have 2 things in my closet right now that I can think of that I've had for quite awhile, wear a lot and they've held up well. One was a gift from my sister and another is a thin button front chiffon trim sweater that bought on clearance. That sweater still never fails to get me compliments. I also like some of their jeans.

I love the Nick and Nora jammies, the jockey slipshorts, only $12..the gold toe socks, another bargain. Love the T shirts, been buying them for years. They have cute handbags and love their cosmetics. Bought alot of electronics over the years and LOVE the shabby chic line, have many of their quilts, fabric screens etc. Love the Smith and Hawken line, I could go on. I just bought 2 pr of Mossimo leggings, cotton/span..fabulous and a great deal.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

I would bet the designers who lend their names to the likes of Kohl's and Target are paid handsomely. Otherwise why do it? It makes me wonder too if because the designer gets a substantial piece of the pie, perhaps, for profit's sake, the quality becomes less than average. A couple of pieces I remember seeing and marveling at how cheesy they were--Derick Lam at Kohl's and Calypso St. Barth at Target.

I don't own any Target brand clothing, but when complimenting a colleague on a cute top, she would say "Target". Of course she is a size 0 and everything looks good on her!