Honored Contributor

Fleece coat/jacket advice? I need a knock-about one!

I need a new inexpensive fleece jacket or coat and there are SOOOO many here I am confused. I want something big and boxy to wear out when it is cool/cold, and sometimes over a sweater. I don't want one that is very shaped or tight.

This is just wear to the grocery store, throw on for a road trip, etc. so COMFORT is my first priority. Oh, and I need to roll up the sleeves because I am short. . .

Any favorites you'd like to help me out with? THANKS!

Valued Contributor

Re: Fleece coat/jacket advice? I need a knock-about one!

D&C had a Sherpa fleece on clearance, that I have had for years. It has held up well, and washes great. I don't know if it is still available in your size, but I would describe it as boxy, so you may want to check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this coat - have it in three colors. I wouldn't describe it as fitted although it looks like it is - I carry my weight in my middle and I have plenty of room. Don't know if you want a hood. You can roll up the sleeves as it is lined in sherpa. It is #A229525. If you key in "denim & co fleece jacket coat" in the search bar, there are several other styles on clearance price, one of which is boxier than this but shorter and no hood. You could read the reviews on those and maybe you'll find something you like. Hope this helps.

Denim & Co. Heathered Fleece Jacket Sherpa Lined w/ Hood & Pockets

This one is A218446 clearance priced at $33.42.Denim & Co. Heathered Fleece Jacket w/Sherpa Lining and Hood

Honored Contributor

Own this and love it. It's D&C A209332.

Esteemed Contributor

A44249 - I tried this one and sent it back because it was too boxy for me - but the coat was nice. Clearance priced at $32.96.

Honored Contributor

Try Columbia fleece jackets. I have several. You can throw them in the washer and dryer. They are around $30 on Amazon. The come in great colors.

Trusted Contributor

Not sure if this is your "style", but I love this and can't wait to wear it. Just know it's a true A-line style. Very flattering and roomy, and there are other colors. Some excellent reviews from ladies who are shorter like you. It's Bob Mackie: A258139. Hope you find something you love!

Bob Mackies Houndstooth Print Fleece Jacket

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 DiAnne said:

Try Columbia fleece jackets. I have several. You can throw them in the washer and dryer. They are around $30 on Amazon. The come in great colors.

These look very nice! THANKS!

Super Contributor

Depends on what you like in fleece coats. I don't like coats with mandarin collars or collars that you can't fold down, that annoys me. I also don't like coats with any kind of elastic around the waist, that makes the coat bunch up and stay there when you get in the car. If you are hippy (like me) the coat bunches up when you sit in the car then when you get there and get out, you have to pull the coat down and the top you have on since the coat made the top ride up too!

The fleece jacket I have is just a lightweight Columbia jacket, and it is really too short. I throw it on mostly to take the dog out when it is chilly. It's too thin for me to walk the dog in, if I were going to do that I would need a heavier jacket in cool weather.

I just noticed a new fleece coat at Lands End! And it is 30% off right now. I think I am going to buy it. It will be $62 and change with the discount, and then you pay tax also. However NO S&H. Love that. Here is it is, I don't know what color I want yet. I love the length and that it comes down over the hips, and pockets and the neckline. I think I will be getting this beige color on the model- she has the same color of hair as I do so I think it will look nice on me! lol

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 kittymomNC said:

I love this coat - have it in three colors. I wouldn't describe it as fitted although it looks like it is - I carry my weight in my middle and I have plenty of room. Don't know if you want a hood. You can roll up the sleeves as it is lined in sherpa. It is #A229525. If you key in "denim & co fleece jacket coat" in the search bar, there are several other styles on clearance price, one of which is boxier than this but shorter and no hood. You could read the reviews on those and maybe you'll find something you like. Hope this helps.

Denim & Co. Heathered Fleece Jacket Sherpa Lined w/ Hood & Pockets

This one is A218446 clearance priced at $33.42.Denim & Co. Heathered Fleece Jacket w/Sherpa Lining and Hood

I ordered this top one in the Chestnut! Anyone have it in that or the darker brown? I was SOOOO torn on which color to get between those too. That green is beautiful as well, and they have purple too--so I may get one of those too! Great price! THANKS for the tips. I could get a color at the clearance price.