Contributor

Did I receive a returned item?

Today I received two Denim and Company sweaters. One was packaged perfectly folded with tissue inside and the packaging was new. On the other hand, the second sweater was in a different bag, and it larger than the first and was looked like it was just thrown in and not folded and very wrinkled. Have any of you experienced the same thing and I'm thinking of send it back for a new one. I'm leaning toward returning it for a "new" one. Any thoughts on this?

Respected Contributor

Re: Did I receive a returned item?

In my experience if the tissue paper is missing, you are getting a return. But if it look fine and smells fine, fits good and you like it no reason to return. It might have been a sizing issue for the original purchaser. I have returned items because of fit and they go back the same way I got them.....even the tissue paper! But if you think it has been worn call CS and tell them.

Honored Contributor

You probably received a return.

I would most likely keep it unless there was an obvious problem with it. When I order something, I usually know right away if I'm keeping something. I might or might not even try it on. I do my best to re-package it carefully.

Super Contributor

happens all the time. I have even gotten clothes with the other persons return slip still attached... one skirt had kleenex in the pocket.

Respected Contributor

What does the Q say about this? Do they admit to returns? If so, why "as is?" I've done
'as is' on jewelry but never clothes. It's always been O.K.

Super Contributor

Why yes,--yes you did. And while I know that clothes are tried on in stores, I'm with you--I want to see perfectly folded, tissued, and carefully bagged or boxed clothing when I get it from the Q. If it's not good enough that it's rolled up and tossed in a bag, it's not good enough for me to keep!

Honored Contributor

As long as it appears fine with no odor or other indicators of "usage", I don't have any problem with a return. I figure someone might have tried it on and it just didn't fit, so they returned it. I'm sure I've bought items in B&M stores that are either returns or have been tried on by others. No biggie to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered two SG jackets...(A81865) the Navy one and the Raspberry one...well the Navy one was a packaged pristine...neatly folded...that paper in the center..extra buttons in a plastic bag fastened to the label....

The Raspberry one was thrown in a bag...no paper in the center...extra buttons were stuffed in the pockets and the worst was it had been laundered and shrunk compared the pristine one.....

I sent it back......I called cs and she promised I would not be charged for return shipping...I was...so I had to call cs again...and told them I was charged and they returned my shipping...

Make sure you always check to see if you get your return shipping...

So to reply to the OP....if it looks good I would keep it...if not return it...my coat was clearly a mess all shrunk out of shape...so there is no way I would keep that....

Valued Contributor

Lately, I am appalled by the way my QVC fashion items are being packaged. Sometimes the tissue looks like it is 20 yrs old and has been stuck in a basement forever. Seriously, they need to step it up on the clothing packaging. I often wonder if I received a returned item. However, when you preorder from the Insider or buy a TSV, how can it can be returned already?

Companies that offer free shipping put the items in a nice box where everything looks pristine.

Philosopy and Valerie Parr Hill items always arrive nicely packaged. And Dennis Basso coats{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

years ago the Q made a point of saying you'd never get an item tried on and picked over like in the B and M stores. what do they say now?