Regular Contributor

Joan' s bee pins are going for up to 200!

I just read on E-Bay Joan's pins are going for up to 200.00!

I have two to sell, and don't want to take advantage of people like that!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Joan' s bee pins are going for up to 200!

This sadly, is common behavior when someone passes.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

Depends on the bee. Mine aren't. Have you noticed watches and keepsake boxes aren't moving?

Respected Contributor

I see that they are asking up to $200.00 but are any of them selling for that much? Just curious.

Honored Contributor

why is it taking advantage of people? the market sets the price and nobody is forced to buy at any price.

Super Contributor

Of all the things that Joan Rivers sold on QVC I never bought

any of her bee pins. I was more into her egg pendants.

Respected Contributor

I just took a really quick glance at e-bay & it looked like most sellers were in the $50 range, with a few asking close to $200. But asking isn't getting.

I have several of the bee pins, but intend to keep them. I also have the cherries pin, the butterfly AD collection with the display frame, all which I use & will keep. I also have an AD collection of crytal bead torsade necklaces that I regret buying because they're too dressy for my lifestyle. I also bought one of her patriotic scarves last spring that I enjoy wearing.

Valued Contributor

I have over 600 pieces of her jewelry, egg collections, magnifying glasses, lorgnettes, xmas ornaments etc. and also the boxes and pouches they came in. Clothing, cosmetics, hair care, fragrances, on and on, she was something, not afraid to try different things. I bought the first items she offered; guess I should go through and sell the pieces I no longer want. She was the best; self made and there will never be another one like Joan. I do miss her.

Honored Contributor

a set of two polka dot bee pins sold last week for $580 (44 bids) on ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Joan-Rivers-Enamel-Crystal-Poke-a-dot-Bee-Pins-1-Red-1-Black-NWOT-/...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Joan used to tell viewers to buy her jewelry so they could make a bundle selling them on ebay. If people are willing to pay it, I see nothing wrong with getting the best price.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.