Esteemed Contributor

is this a new fashion "thing" ?

almost every magazine and website I look at shows photos of people with their shirt tucked in just in the front and the rest of the shirt left hanging out . it's men and women. is this just a new attention getting photography thing, or is this a new trend in fashion? it looks like they were in a rush and just forgot finish tucking it in.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Re: is this a new fashion ""thing"" ?

I've noticed that, too; even in my Sundance catalogs lately. Must be Sloppy Chic

Honored Contributor

yes, another trend that goes on the really stupid list.

Super Contributor

It's been around since the beginning of summer. I do it sometimes ...

Respected Contributor

Hasn't this been going on for like 2-3 years now? It's been around a long time.

Super Contributor

Officially called ""the front tuck""
Trusted Contributor

On 9/18/2014 happy housewife said:

yes, another trend that goes on the really stupid list.

I totally agree!!

New Contributor

I agree with redconvertible girl, this is not a new trend, just maybe you just noticed it?

Super Contributor

Yes, I have noticed this trend........it is similar to the fashion that has a shirt cut shorter in the front and longer in the back. I am not a tuck in type gal BUT I just purchased a SG vanilla blouse last week that was cut short in the front and longer in the back. I wore it yesterday with skinny jeans and I thought it looked cute..........the shorter front made my legs look longer in the front........IMO

Respected Contributor

On 9/18/2014 MOM of Mason said:

Yes, I have noticed this trend........it is similar to the fashion that has a shirt cut shorter in the front and longer in the back. I am not a tuck in type gal BUT I just purchased a SG vanilla blouse last week that was cut short in the front and longer in the back. I wore it yesterday with skinny jeans and I thought it looked cute..........the shorter front made my legs look longer in the front........IMO

Similar, but still different. I think the original comment was about a regular shirt, with both front & back the same length, tucked partially in with some hanging out.