Regular Contributor
So I have been doing the seasonal closet change over and deciding what stays and what goes. It occurred to me that more than one item has survived the elimination process for ten years or more! An Urban Wool black cardigan style sweater coat in merino wool, a Denim & Co oversized,plaid flannel zip front shirt with corduroy detail, and a quilted black velvet peacoat... What's the oldest Q purchase in your fashion closet?
Valued Contributor

I have 2 pair D&C skinny leg pull on jeans that are at least 8 years old (they don't make these anymore) and about 10 pairs of D&C pedal pushers in various colors about 5 years old. Two sport savy ""sets"" about 7 years old.

I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of these !

Super Contributor

Ha, got you beat. A leather trench, the long one with the thinsulate zip out lining. I believe I have had that for a decade at least.

My mom has a few of the original Dennis Basso full length faux furs still going strong. Hard to wear out in the south. LOL

Occasional Contributor

Hi, AnnaKate! This is a fun thread and I would like to share several vintage Q pieces in my closet.

A52271 Denim & Co. Petite Original Waist Stretch Moleskin Pants: I purchased two pairs in black that I have been constantly wearing over the years...

A67014 Portfolio by John Bartlett Vintage Wash Jeans: This is the only true denim pants I own now.

A55953 In Encore by Carole Little Mandarin Collar Printed Denim Jacket & A55957 In Encore by Carole Little Floral Print Ankle Pants: I very much enjoyed them as floral denim (rather twill) suit that are a little too loose, but I still cherish.

Koos Of Course Reversible Velvet Jacket in Purple (pre-item#*on*tag era): This is the very first piece Koos presented on QVC and I intend to keep it forever. I had quite a collection of Koos' line, but I have donated all the other pieces except this one because they were just too big on me. I truly miss his line of clothes that were beautifully made.Kiss

We have had some amazing designers at Q over the years such as DVF, Koos, Chloe Dao, Marc Bouwer... We still have Bob Mackie, George Simonton, Louis Dell'Olio, etc., but unfortunately, their lines have been gradually declining in qualities of fabric and workmanship.

Fortunately, I recently discovered one brilliant designer, Seth Aaron, by purchasing his beautiful jackets (A255819 SA by Seth Aaron Ponte Knit Jacket w/ Zipper Detail), and very much look forward to more from his line.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Good question. I really don't hold on to old clothes. I follow the "if you haven't worn it in two years throw it away or give it away" school. However, I was going through my closet last week and I found a gorgeous teal/blue tweed jacket. It looked very expensive but it was a Jessica Holbrook jacket that must be at least 10 years old. I don't know how I lost track of it. I think I probably pushed it to the back of the closet because it's too heavy to be an indoor blazer and not heavy enough to be outerwear, except for a week or two in September and early October and a week or two in late April or early May. I put it into the cleaners and I hope to wear it as outerwear a few times before it gets too cold. I also have a Citiknits skirt that I keep in the bottom of my file cabinet drawer, along with a pair of black pumps. I work in a business casual environment and I usually wear jeans with a blazer or a nice shirt. I keep the skirt and heels in a drawer for those rare occasions when I get called over to the main campus for a meeting with my my boss...or his boss. That Citiknits skirt must be 8 or 9 years old.

Super Contributor

I still have several campshirts in the Susan Graver SG Sport fabric.

Respected Contributor

A red wool Centigrade coat, fingertip length. It came with a faux fur trimmed detachable hood which I rarely use, but otherwise love that coat & it's still in great shape, including the lining. I think I've had it about 10 years, or close to it. They used to have another Centigrade long coat that I kept wanting & now regret not getting it when it was available.

Regular Contributor
I love these replies! I remember most of the items and designers mentioned. Does anybody else own anything from the Russell Kemp Signature collection? I only remember seeing him on once but I bought a beautifully made black and white tweed skirt that has a smattering of small, black leather discs sprinkled in a wedge down one side. I have not had much occasion to wear it but I keep it because every year when I try it on with a white shirt and a black leather jacket, I still think it looks so "fresh".
Honored Contributor

i dont know the item numbers, but probably some silk scarves from bob mackie......one has summery cocktails on it, one has piano keys, and one has "ladies of the decades" (lol these are the ones i remember off hand).....i think they just may be close to around 20 years old. i really miss his oblong and square silk scarves!

( i still have some KOOS pieces, including that velvet reversible jacket that mary talked about.)

i used to love mary mcfadden, david dart, caroline simonelli, koos, victor costa, nina leonard.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor
Great thread! I still have many, many DVF Silk Asset pieces.... The colors are still as deep and rich as they were. Have many of the beautiful embroidered (sp?...doesn't look right) tunics which I wear belted over slim pants. So pretty. The quality of fabrics was tremendous "back then" and I wish we could take advantage of that again. Would have bought one of every color had I known!