Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Not sleeping well so I was up at 3:00 and could not get back to sleep. So here I am surfing the net for the last two hours. Not too interested in the TSV, I really need to clean out the shoes and boots I have now.

We officially close the pool today, we clean it out and get the ladders pulled, and then the pool guy and his crew come and put the chemicals in and put the cover on it. We have had them come close it for the last couple years, it is so wonderful, what takes DH and I hours to do - take the guys 45 minutes. It is worth every penny we pay them.

LindaR - Sorry to hear about your wallet, hope everything goes well for you. Now that I think about it, I need to go thru mine again and make not of the credit cards in it. I usually keep a list and if I would loose the wallet I can just get the list out and make my calls. Again, I hope you find the wallet soon.

LindaL - Hope you get your much needed rain, but in small frequent amounts. Congrats on being a "great" now.

Well I think I may try to get a little sleep, hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Sorry that you had problems sleeping. I guess the closing of the pool signifies the end of Summer, what little Summer we had.

I'm off to work so I don't have time to post now. Have a great day. I have no idea what the TSV is as I haven't checked yet.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Susan, thank you for starting us! I woke up at 3am and my AC (little window unit) was on but not blowing. I think it finally said goodnight. I had to get up and turn the central unit down and thought I would be up for a while. Thankfully I went right back asleep. That is the difference when I take my sleep aid!

The closing of the pool does not sound very fun at all. It's nice to be able to pay to have it done.

Jean, I know you will enjoy your day at work! I need to get back to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Sorry for your lack of sleep. Glad you are able to pay to have the pool closed. I remember how much trouble it was for my Dad to keep up with the our pool, and it was just an above ground one. Our pools (we have a recreation association that includes pools, fitness centers, etc.) stay open year round, with the exception of maintenance which usually happens in the summer (different pools at different times), and if it is extremely cold. Of course, they are closed when we have thunderstorms. All but one of the pools (12 pools) is outdoors, but they are heated. I really love the idea that the pools are available so much. Not that I care to swim in the winter time, but I could.

I'm not a "great" yet, but thanks. The little guy will be born in late February, if things go according to schedule. DD is excited about his birth -- very cute. I know she loves babies.

No TSV for me either. I am not sure that I can handle those wedge heels, and I certainly don't need boots.

We had fairly light rain rather than the deluge we were expecting. Wish we had a bit more rain than we did, but it is good that we didn't have any flooding, etc. It is drizzling again this morning. I'm trying to decide whether to chance a walk this morning. I heard something on the radio about severe storm weather in the Austin area. Hope our Texas ladies will be okay.

Lunch yesterday was very nice, and the couple invited us to their home for desert. We had gelato (very tasty), tea (for me), and a cookie. Needless to say, I was stuffed after lunch. They are very interesting people, and I enjoy our conversations.

Curves was fine, and they had a skin care company doing demonstrations (this is part of the open house). I had won some of their sample products, and I did go through the analysis. The representative was very nice, but the products were very pricey in my opinion. Has anyone tried the Rodan+Fields products? I sincerely doubt that I'll be buying them, but.....

Nothing on the agenda for me today. I do plan to go to Curves this afternoon.

Hope you have a good day at work Jean. Glad you were able to sleep Kathleen. I wonder if that window AC was causing your health problems. I have heard about things like that, but fortunately it has not been an issue for me.

Waves to Arlene, LindaR, Kathy, Marijane, Rosa, Gayle, Nancy, Val, Jules, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Well this week marks the return of me and my husband going back to the gym. We have always been active, love walking but we needed to do more strength training and decided to get back into it. I am so glad we did! I saw so many people I haven't seen in awhile and am also sleeping better that it has been very beneficial if not therapeutic. It has also given me a mental break from the family drama.

We are heading out of town for a few days. Other then that, not much new. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, hope you get in a nap later today Susan. We still have our pool open ..probably a few more weeks...although this year wasn't a great pool time. I think Kathleen had asked awhile ago if we had much use from it this year....I did..I float a lot...one of my kids also used it a lot....DH did not go in at all! We do have a heater but didn't bother to turn it on.

Sorry about your wallet LindaR...what a pain to have to go and replace everything...when that is all done it will turn up!! >p>. Gayle I hope you have a great time on your few days away.

. not much going on here, DH's cousin was here from Calif last week and we had a wedding last weekend down in NJ..we stayed over at Dh's sisters house. The. Next few days will be quiet here then one of my sisters will be coming for a few days. It has been beautiful in the 60's nice and sunny. I have started to put my summer stuff away and get my fall decos up. From now till Christmas is my decorating time...I love it! That's about it.....have a nice afternoon...Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Well, at last - I can see again! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I don't think I've even been incapacitated because of a corneal abrasion for so long before, but even once my eyes started feeling better pain-wise, I couldn't endure bright lights or even the computer screen this time around.

Sorry you had a bad night, Susan, but yes, it's better to get up and do something than toss and turn. I hate the thought of closing my pool - my pool guy said it's best to do it when it's colder, so hopefully I'll get to use it a few more times - it's supposed to be pretty warm this weekend. The other day it was hot out, but although the water was too cold to swim in I did enjoy relaxing on the float for a while. A solar heating panel is definitely planned for next year. I have a solar cover but it's not all that effective because I have so many trees in my back yard.

LindaL, you're doing well with getting freebies from Curves! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Marijane is right - your wallet will turn up after you've called about the last missing item. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The TSV is cute, but I've finally gotten it through my head that I don't need any more boots or ANY winter clothing for that matter, particularly since I not only already have more than I can use, but I rarely go out in the winter anyway, apart from church, the occasional outing with friends, and quick errands.

Nothing else going on here - I did pick up a ticket to see "Chicago" tomorrow evening. I loved the movie, and am hoping the stage production is good as well. The music from it is very catchy anyway, so hopefully it'll be a good night. I'm also meeting a friend for lunch in the afternoon, so it'll be a busy day.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!! Thanks for getting things started, Susan. I was tossing and turning all night long...I think I would have been better off getting up. We are scheduled to have the pool closed up next Thursday. We used to do it ourselves, but once we got the safety cover, we've had it done, and worth the money in my opinion.

Jean, hoping you are having a good day at work!! Enjoy that DB jacket...I love his stuff.

Kathleen, loved your photos on FB...your girls are lovely!!!

Gayle, enjoy your time away.

LindaR, what a pain, with your wallet. It is a good reminder for me to go through and make sure I have everything recorded at my desk/home, just in case.

LindaL, glad you didn't get that horrific weather from the hurricane. I had read "not so good" reviews on those products, but can't remember where I read about them.

Marijane, I was a no show in our pool this year...DH loves it, and used the heater quite a bit. I'm with you on Fall/Winter decorating...it's my favorite!!!

Arlene, hope "Chicago" is fun...I love the music. Glad to hear your eyes are better.

Well, the renovations were completed yesterday...and I have a lot to do now, to put everything back where it belongs, but I am totally happy with how it turned out. Of course, we have some painting and touch ups now, but I'll take things slowly and get them back in order and perhaps, do some more weeding out. I'm busy at work...so, I better get back to it...enjoy!!!

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I got home from our 3 week vacation last night. We had great travel weather and got to OOB at noon the Friday of Labor Day. DS & DDIL joined us on Saturday morning and stayed until (Monday) Labor Day. Sept. 2 was their first 90 degree day of the season & we had a week of them. Thank goodness we were at the beach most days & in their pool a couple of other days. Then we all went back to their place in MA. We had 17 beautiful weather days in a row. DH & I took a swim in their pool Sept. 2 as it was 90 & hot. That was a rest up day for me as they both had to go back to work. We went up onto their deck to dry out our towels & swimsuits & DH pulled the door shut & we were locked out onto the deck until DS came home from work. It was for only for an hour so it could have been much worse. 5 minutes after he rescued us we had a 10 minute down pour. We had an hour down pour one Saturday night. DH wanted to see the Red Sox play ball. There was only an hour delay so that was good for all involved. Bits & bobs more later. I started reading these forums after being gone a week. I am no good on their computers as they don't have a mouse pad like I do. I was able to get my Kindle connected to their computer so I did read, but I couldn't answer anything.

Susan, It seems like you enjoyed your pool somewhat this summer too. DH emptied our hot tub before vacation & refilled it today so we can go into it tonight. We empty it 3 times a year so it was time to do it before vacation started. It seems like a lot of you gals have had a hard time sleeping lately. Me included.

LL, It sounds like you have a family to be proud of as they seem to be very active in various ways. We have 5 great nieces & nephews but don't see them too often as 4 out of the 5 live in IA. Our newest niece & her parents moved to our hometown in July so we hope to see her & her parents regularly.

LindaR, sorry about the lost wallet. A nightmare I am sure to get everything replaced again.

FHG, I hope your eyes are feeling better & that the fur babies behave themselves again.

Jean, I am glad you are busy at work. Hope that your toe feels better soon. I hurt one of my big toe nails while on vacation. I didn't know it until a day or so later when I saw that my toenail was 1/2 off and the remaining part was wedged into the side of my toe. I can't believe I didn't feel it when it happened as it was sore afterwards.

Genny, It sounds like you had fun with family & the wedding last weekend. We had great temps while on vacation but it was cool here all week. It was 64 degrees in the house alst night when we returned. I didn't want to turn on the heat already so I turned on a small heater. It did the trick as we had a comfortable evening. Back into the 70's today again.

Gayle, Glad that you & your DH did start going back to the gym again. It is nice to see old friends again & get your self refreshed from family difficulties. Hope you have a nice few days away from home too.

Esteemed Contributor

Karen. We must have been posting at the same time. I am glad that your renovations are all done. I remember when we did our "flood renovation" two years ago. It was so hot that summer but the end results are very nice.

DH is trying to mow the lawn after three weeks without having it mowed. Every so often I hear the riding mower quit & him restarting it. Good thing we don't have a real large lawn anymore.

I am busy today with opening up 3 weeks worth of mail. I did wash the towels & swimsuits & hung them outside to dry nicely as it sunny today. It was foggy this morning when we got up. I didn't do any shopping for the first two weeks. Then I did have fun at the QVC Studio Store, & the two QVC outlet malls. More on that later!

Our big hometown festival starts tomorrow. It will be the "Cheese Days in Monroe's" 100th anniversary. It ends on Sunday so we will be busy with friends & family coming & going all weekend.

Our friend is coming for dinner tonight. I need heat in the house, so I am fixing a nice roast, mashed potatoes & veggie. Dessert is negotiable at this time.