Honored Contributor

Dress like Olivia Pope...Scandal & The Limited Collection-Debut Sept 23rd!

The Scandal Collection for The Limited Looks Pretty Great

The Limited is introducing a collection of clothing inspired by “Scandal,” the hit ABC drama about Olivia Pope, a powerful Washington-based crisis handler and fixer, portrayed by Kerry Washington. The melodramatic series, which is to return for a fourth season on Sept. 25, has won praise and fans for its breathless plots replete with political skulduggery, affairs in high places, murder and other twists that elicit from viewers continual cries of “Oh. My. God.”

The “Scandal” collection at The Limited contains more than 70 items, with prices from about $49 to $250. The garments are due in stores and online next week and are scheduled to be available through May, the end of the 2014-15 television season.

A multimedia campaign bills the collection as “Fearless fashion for ladies who lead.” The campaign, with a budget estimated at $12 million, was created by Yard, a New York agency known for advertising for fashion brands. LaForce & Stevens, also in New York, is handling the social media elements on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter, using the hashtag #scandalstylethelimited.

The Limited calls the “Scandal” merchandise a collaborative effort of Ms. Washington; Elliot Staples, head of design for the retailer; and Lyn Paolo, the costume designer for “Scandal.” Her stylized look for the series, described as “gladiators in suits,” has been noticed by the fashion press. The three are featured in a video clip that promotes the collection; some print ads, showing models wearing the clothes, also give a shout-out to the creator of “Scandal,” Shonda Rhimes, and feature the logos of the series and ABC.

Those logos signal that the collection is a result of a licensing deal made by The Limited with ABC and the creators of “Scandal.” Financial terms were not disclosed.

The concept “grew out of a segment on ‘Good Morning America’ in fall of 2013 that took outfits Olivia Pope wore on the show and replicated them at affordable price points,” said Diane Ellis, chief executive of The Limited in New Albany, Ohio. “A suit that was ours was featured.”

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Dress like Olivia Pope...Scandal & The Limited Collection-Debut Sept 23rd!

The jackets look great!!!

The Scandal Collection for The Limited Looks Pretty Great

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Thanks so much! Always wanted that coat! The clothing in this past season was SO dark! I loved the items from the season before that when Kerry Washington wore all of the whites and dove greys!

Honored Contributor

^ Love. thanks for posting! I'll have to get to a Limited now.

Honored Contributor

The coats are gorgeous!!!!!!! I love the way Olivia dresses on Scandal-very classy and classic!

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 MJ 12 said:

Yes! Can't remember the last time I shopped or stepped foot in The Limited. Smart move on their part.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never seen the show...but that pink coat is magnificent....and I'm not typically a pink clothing kind of gal.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/16/2014 MJ 12 said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yes! Can't remember the last time I shopped or stepped foot in The Limited. Smart move on their part.

I'm dating myself now....for me, in the late 80s probably....high school. Loved it.

thanks again!

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 MJ 12 said:
On 9/16/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/16/2014 MJ 12 said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'm dating myself now....for me, in the late 80s probably....high school. Loved it.

thanks again!

Easily the mid to late 80's for me too. In fact, The Limited left our mall years and years ago. It is so far removed from my mind that even though I kept reading that this will be in The Limited, I'm thinking NY & Co.

Speaking of The Limited, I got in trouble on a fairly regular basis for wearing those Firenza sweaters to school. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Trusted Contributor

I'll definitely be paying a visit to The Limited to take a look at this collection sometime soon.

If you don't shop there regularly, be aware that they have very good sales constantly (you can sign for their e-mails, of course), so don't pay full price!