Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS - ODAT - Tuesday

Where is everyone?

Well, I'm working on one eye now. I felt a bit better yesterday and HAD to run some errands; I put my contacts in and they felt OK. It was supposed to be rainy and overcast, but turned out to be bright and sunny, which really hurt my eyes, even with sunglasses. One of them is back to hurting badly, so I can't wear my contact in that one and plan to spend the day pretty much not doing anything.

I listed both my microwave and my old printer for sale on Craigslist; I've been reading too much on the hazards of microwave ovens to want to use one (they change the DNA structure of food and turn it carcinogenic), and I rarely use it anyway, apart from melting butter and as a breadbox - and I really could use the extra counter space it was taking up. I met someone in a parking lot down the block, and someone else texted me about the printer. (S)he asked for my address, and I gave it...then instantly regretted it. I asked what kind of car the buyer would be driving (I don't open the door if I'm not expecting someone), and anyway, it was a man, and he came to get the printer earlier - and after all my paranoia, it turned out to be a deacon from church! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} We had a nice little visit, which I appreciated, since i wasn't able to go to church on Sunday.

While we were talking I fortunately noticed a dog walking down the road on the next block, and called out...and sure, enough, it was Autumn! I gave her one more chance, but that's it - nights will be spent in her crate from now on, especially since she was headed towards the highway, which is only about two blocks away.

I do need to get pet food, but won't go out until later, when the sun goes down. Guess it's going to be another boring day! I do have to make a vet appointment to get Whisper's thyroid checked; she thinks that's what's causing his heart murmur. I'll schedule it for Monday - surely I'll be recovered by then.

Hope you're all doing well. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS - ODAT - Tuesday

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Arlene. Sorry about your eye and escaping Autumn. That is funny about the printer. I use my microwave pretty often to cook vegetables, and I am not concerned about health issues. But, if you didn't use yours much and were concerned about it, good idea to sell it.

We are having a cloudy day with rain off and on. I decided to walk in place rather than take a walk outdoors this morning, but I do plan to go to the gym later.

I need to leave for my volunteer job at the senior lunch program now. Hope to return later.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! It's a slow day here for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--Thank you for starting the thread. Sorry about your eye. Hopefully, it will improve soon. I'm a big microwave user for a variety of things. I'm at the age where convenience is important to me, but we all make value decisions. If not being used much, it is good to sell it.

Linda--Do you use the Leslie Sansone programs? I know how much you enjoy your volunteer work.

Kathleen--It does look as if our posters are busy elsewhere or don't have time to check in.

I worked again today, and just got home in time to see the Dennis Basso TSV and other items presented. With the pay cuts, I'll not be indulging in too many "wants." I already ordered the faux leather Basso jacket which I like better than the TSV. I'm expecting a loss of $1,500 from pay cuts to balance the budget. Others got days cut, including 30 days of summer employment for people such as secretaries, administrators, etc. who worked the schools during the summer.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about those pay cuts Jean -- yikes! I think I would prefer that faux leather jacket rather than the TSV. I just have never been that thrilled with suede. There is one exception -- I have one of Dennis Basso's suede coat with faux fur, and it is wonderful I have not been able to wear it since I moved to Arizona, but it is so nice and warm.

I have several of the Leslie Sansone DVDs, and I really like them. But, I haven't purchased any DVDs lately. Our weather is ordinarily pretty nice here, so I can walk outside rather than use a DVD. All that aside, I will probably end up buying a new one just because I love the variety. LOL

I had a difficult time sleeping last night -- I went to bed at the normal time, but I just couldn't sleep. So, I got up and read for a while, and actually finished my book. I did take a nap in between my volunteer work and going to the gym, and I feel better now.

The boots I ordered didn't feel right (on one foot), so I sent them back. Now I'm waiting on a pair of Clark's boots. If they don't work, I guess I will need to give up on ordering via the internet. At least there is no charge for shipping or returns with Amazon Prime.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Respected Contributor

Linda you are good to use your DVD's. I remember you using them a lot. I, on the other hand, just like the idea of doing the DVD. ha ha Sorry your boots didn't work for you. I absolutely love my Dennis Basso!! And don't have any qualms about using the microwave but I sure do think twice these days about what I eat, especially fast food of any sort. I still buy it, but more and more I eat a little and throw the rest out.

Jean, so sorry your job is downsizing. Oh how I remember that feeling. We still don't like living apart but it seems the best solution to our job/house situations. Steve got home yesterday and had no electric. He was not very happy and it had been off 24 hours. Luckily the propane fridge kicked in so no loss there. After he went out for supper it had come back on.

I just had my AC guy at work come and take my little AC window unit apart and we cleaned it very good. I've had a sore throat getting worse every morning for a couple weeks. Come to think about it I started to realize my throat has been funny in the morning for a couple months. My eyes have been on the verge of an infection for a couple weeks. I went without AC this weekend and felt better that day! Sunday night used it and sick again. Right now it's drying out, and it may just need to be replaced. We'll see.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You are fortunate to be able to enjoy walking outside so often throughout the year. I'm not one to enjoy walking in the cold although some do. I far prefer the faux leather Basso I got to the TSV. There was the washable suede issue involved but I didn't care for the cut.

Kathleen--Mold can develop in those units and cause reactions. It is good that you are having it cleaned. Sometimes, when it come to jobs and housing, compromises have to be made. In your case, you make the best of the weekends available to you.

I stubbed my little toe and tore the nail completely off. It is now beginning to ache, so this will likely be an Advil night.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.