Super Contributor

Does is matter to you when the host and the vendor dress in similar fashion?

Regardless of what's being sold, if the vendor is in a dressy outfit and the host is in jeans, or vise versa, does it seem like they are out of sync? I don't know why it matters, and it really shouldn't, I guess, but it always strikes me that they should have themed their outfits for the program. Like if they were selling outdoors items, they should both be dressed in casual wear, or if they were selling make-up, they should both wear skirts or dressy slacks instead of one in a dress and the other in jeans.

I know it probably doesn't matter - it's the presentation that matters - but I always notice if they dressed in very different fashions. It just seems like it would be a more professional overall presentation if they were dressed in similar fashion. Like Jessica is in a lace top with a black skirt and Jaque is in jeans and a casual top during the BE show. Both look great, just not in the same vibe. I also notice if the models are all themed in the way they are dressed.

I'm not picking - just wondering if anyone else notices.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does is matter to you when the host and the vendor dress in similar fashion?

I don't care what they wear.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does is matter to you when the host and the vendor dress in similar fashion?

On 9/15/2014 willdob3 said:

I don't care what they wear.

I agree.

Respected Contributor

It has never really occurred to me, but now that you mention it their is only one host that is usually dressed inappropriately on any given day. The others all look good no matter what vendor they are with.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me.

I love her black dress and lace top!

Honored Contributor

I can honestly say that I've never even noticed!

Respected Contributor

Never noticed

Honored Contributor

I'm sure this doesn't happen with every guest, but when the "biggies" come to sell their wares (both JRs, for example) the hosts try to coordinate their outfits with the guests. I heard one of the female hosts say this a while ago.
Super Contributor

I don't care what they wear. I'm interesting in what they are selling and I'm not shaped like any of them.

They are sales people. I pay attention to what the sales personnel wear anyplace I shop.

Super Contributor

I only notice when they either the host or vendor are selling something dark or black and they hold it in front of them. This is particularly noticeable with handbags, for goodness sakes, just use the lighter color bag option as the demonstration.

other than that, I do not notice or care too much. Sometimes I do wonder if they dressed in the dark but that is just humorous.