Esteemed Contributor

Even the hanger looked pregnant!

Sun night SG's printed sheer chiffon top w/light colors on the top and darker colors extending downward. The belly area is the darkest of colors and I had to laugh and OMG - on TV it appeared 'extended forward' A257103

SG looked like she had a baby bump as did all the models and EVEN when this top just hung on the hanger. Too funny

3 reviews on this item and all 3 say - watch the sizing - no good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Even the hanger looked pregnant!

I SO wanted to comment on that shirt, but I didn't dare because I figured I would get massacred by everyone who loves SG! Let me also say I like Susan Graver (sometimes I do wish she would calm down, but I like her), and I've got a lot of her clothes - been buying since she first appeared on QVC.

But I think that shirt may be the biggest mistake she's ever made. (No offense to those who liked it - this is just my opinion.) When cute slim Brenda walked toward the camera, I thought "Oh no!" Everyone who had it on and stood facing the camera looked like they were eight months pregnant! The way the dark swipes of color go up and over the tummy area is just all wrong, and to add to that, the back hanging down so far almost made me laugh.

A lot of people call Susan's clothes frumpy, and I've almost always disagreed, but this one has taken it to a new level. I'm sorry if I offend anyone who liked that shirt and bought it - I do hope you enjoy it, and maybe it looks better in person. This is only my personal opinion. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Super Contributor

I wasn't paying attention last night when they showed it because it wasn't something I'd wear. But - I just looked at the video.

I think it looked fine on the thin model and on SG, but not on the larger sized model.

Because of the way it's shaped with a narrower buttom - definitely not for pear-shapes.

Trusted Contributor

I definitely noticed the "expectant effect" last night! The pattern on that shirt made even the very slim models look great with child. {#emotions_dlg.crying} The extremely long back hemline didn't help to create a streamlined look, either. The whole garment just looked off kilter. I like Susan Graver, but that item wasn't her best.

Honored Contributor

I think I saw that on FB and was like ""NO.""

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Wide leg
Respected Contributor

I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with this and you are so right....it does look like she's expecting. Even after it aired last night, I know I saw this before, I looked at the reviews and those weren't too kind/good either.

.....and what's with all the numbered sizing on Susan's items, this is all new (at least to me since I haven't been following what's been going on too closely)

Respected Contributor

That is rather unfortunate-looking. I like some SG but not all. Didn't see the show last night, but in looking at the still photo above, SG does look pg. Bad print placement.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/15/2014 kittymomNC said:

I SO wanted to comment on that shirt, but I didn't dare because I figured I would get massacred by everyone who loves SG! Let me also say I like Susan Graver (sometimes I do wish she would calm down, but I like her), and I've got a lot of her clothes - been buying since she first appeared on QVC.

But I think that shirt may be the biggest mistake she's ever made. (No offense to those who liked it - this is just my opinion.) When cute slim Brenda walked toward the camera, I thought "Oh no!" Everyone who had it on and stood facing the camera looked like they were eight months pregnant! The way the dark swipes of color go up and over the tummy area is just all wrong, and to add to that, the back hanging down so far almost made me laugh.

A lot of people call Susan's clothes frumpy, and I've almost always disagreed, but this one has taken it to a new level. I'm sorry if I offend anyone who liked that shirt and bought it - I do hope you enjoy it, and maybe it looks better in person. This is only my personal opinion. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I so agree...I kept looking at her and thinking "what in Heaven' s name??" I also own many of her items, but this one was so off and so weird looking....

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it's the swirls just above and rounding out the tummy.......and that little patch of white right on top of the tummy area is like an artist's highlight to complete the illusion of "roundness". If slim Susan doesn't look 8 months pg in the pic in post #5 above, I'm a monkey's uncle! She even looks like she's leaning her shoulders back with her arms stretched a little backwards, pregnant-lady-style, to compensate for the big belly. Most unfortunate!

Also rather amusing........ {#emotions_dlg.w00t}