Trusted Contributor

A question for the Chico's ladies - baggy pants frustration!

I have purchased four pairs of pants from Chico's this summer, from early summer to almost fall. A pair of capris at the Outlet - those are great, no problems.

I also got the pintuck jeans in black, my usual size - 1.5. They are growing, growing, GROWING! I purchased a pair of Platinum label denim crops, down a half size - 1. They fit at first but after sitting in them, you could hold a watermelon there is so much fabric in the rear end.

Finally a pair of the City Chic slacks - again I went down to a size 1. At first, fit great - now - KABOOM very large and baggy in the rear. There is no way possible that at 5'5 and 147 pounds that I'm a size .5 - no way possible.

Any other Chico's ladies experiencing this problem? I've worn them all and it's too late to return them. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Honored Contributor

Re: A question for the Chico's ladies - baggy pants frustration!

I don't know what to say; I do shop at Chicos, I like their Platinum Denim. Like most denim now, there's a bit of stretch but I have not experienced any significant stretch out. Not the way you describe. I can wear mine 2 or 3 times before the waist stretches just a bit. If Chicos doesn't work for you, stop shopping there. Or stop buying bottoms. That's how fashion is. What works for some ladies, doesn't work for others.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like that particular fabric(s) stretches out on you. I'd make note of the specific blend and not buy pants made with it. when I find fabrics that do that I avoid them in the future.

Super Contributor

I have never had this experience with pants. I keep reading about women having issues with pants or jeans like this and I guess I either have too much junk in the trunk and just fill them out, or there's some other reason when they wash and dry them.

I think that the dryer is an enemy to all garments with lycra/elastane in them. I dry most all my pants/jeans on air dry cool and hang to finish drying. Mostly because they don't shrink but also because I think it helps care for the fabric better. Hot dryers can ruin elastic sewn into or lycra blended into any fabric.

Trusted Contributor

Bought more than one pair of capris this Summer. Wore one pair to work. By lunchtime, the knees and the seat in the pants had lost all their shape and just looked awful. When I got home, review from husband as soon as I walked in the door "Please don't ever wear those pants again. I have never seen you wear anything like that looks that bad." Another pair I have to wash every time I wear just to keep the shape. They have not had long stays in my dryer either. Disappointing.

Trusted Contributor

Not only does the dryer play nasty with the spandex fibers, so does fabric softener. I have several Chicos jeans and pants and NEVER use fabric softener and hang to dry. They last longer and the stretch is still there. Yes, they will be a little stiff when you put them on after laundering, but they soften up in no time.

Super Contributor

I haven't worn their jeans, but lots of other pants from there - all knits. Never had a problem.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. I really want to love these pants. I have older ones that still fit great. Sigh!

Trusted Contributor

On 9/15/2014 PilatesLover said:

Thanks for the feedback. I really want to love these pants. I have older ones that still fit great. Sigh!

I will say the older ones do fit better. It must be the quality of the fabric they are using now. I have an original pair of their 'getaway' pants in black that I am so careful with! Wash with Woolite for darks, hang dry, no fabric softener. And they still look terrific. I've even worn them into my local Chicos and they can't believe the pants have lasted that long - which is kind of sad that no one expects clothing to last for even five years anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Sammijo we must have the same Getaway pants, and I treat mine like a newborn infant! They look fabulous and fit perfectly - no bagging, no sagging, in my usual size 1.5. I also have a few pairs of the older jeans - one has a burnished gold hint to them - they fit like a glove and are so versatile.