Honored Contributor

Thanks to poster ___ who recommended ___

I wonder how many of us have seen items, read discussions, or shared a promo code that led to other purchases.

What have you bought (and loved) because of someone else's picture, description, or recommendation? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thanks to poster ___ who recommended ___

Salux clothes (I had never heard of them before joining these boards). I also just recently tried both Josie Marian argon oil and milk and SPF moisturizer and Wen (fig). I'm loving all of them.
Honored Contributor

I agree with Golden about the Salux clothes. Never heard of them. Ordered 3 from Amazon and I love them!!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks to the poster who recommended Lands End for jackets and tops. I find nice things there. (I think it was you, Lola Smile)

And if my Kitchen Forum friends are reading this, thanks to the poster who recommended saving the wax bags from cake mix and cereals. They are so strong and non-stick. I use them for all sorts of things.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Brown Sugar - haven't seen her in ages! I asked about a motto half zip 3/4 sleeve hooded top (not a hoodie) and she recommended it. I got it in 2 colors and wear it a lot to this day!

Someone posted a Laura Geller sale and I got some great blush and eyeshadow around Christmas.

Super Contributor

The ladies on this forum introduced me to Salux cloths, the SKINN line, Elta MD, Revlon Colorstay foundation, Pittsburgh Street Soapworks, I could go on and on... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

I had never heard of Hotter Shoes until someone posted about them. I now own three pair of them. Thank you!
Respected Contributor

Never heard of Salux clothes. So I went to search ... I'm guessing you're meaning cloths???

Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 sparklestar said:

Never heard of Salux clothes. So I went to search ... I'm guessing you're meaning cloths???

Try them, try them!!! They will make your skin so soft!

Honored Contributor

Thanks to KittyLouWho who posted a recipe during an almond milk discussion. I drink almost every day for brekkie. Thanks KLW!!!

"I make a smoothie most mornings with almond milk (plain, unsweetened).

A cup of almond milk

A scoop of vanilla whey protein (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey is one I like)

A cup of mixed frozen berries (or fresh, if in season). Sometimes I'll use a half banana instead, or some pineapple, or maybe peaches when they are really good in summer.

A teaspoon each of ginger, cinnamon (I'm particularly fond of a Vietnamese cinnamon I buy from the bulk herb/spice section of my local Co-op - it has a real nice kick), and a teaspoon of turmeric.

Lately I've added a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne, but you'd only like this if you like it really hot.

Maybe a half cup of water

A few ice cubes. I like a really thick smoothie so I adjust the amount depending on whether I am using frozen or fresh berries.