Honored Contributor

Last several years I've been seeing a trend w/ low-heeled shoes. Seems the majority of designers are going for the shoe equivalent of the 'Mom Jean'....I'm calling it the 'Mom Heel'!!

The sharp, square heel makes a basic, flat design kinda dressier, yes? Mom Heel's are puffy & looks kinda frumpy. Not sure why I would want that on my foot. Don't get me wrong...I love a cute Dansko clog for casual outfits, but can't do the Mom Heel just like I can't do the Mom Jean.

What can we do to ban the Mom Heel?! =Smiley Very Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Super Contributor

Ballet flats are totally in. I wear Coach,Vuitton and Tory Burch ballet flats with skinny jeans.

Honored Contributor

I still see a lot of Tory Burch flats when I visit NYC...flat riding boots too.

I'm wearing Coach flats (from Marshall's) right now.

Honored Contributor

The mom heel goes well with all the elastic straps and Velcro closures

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Well I can't wear high heels and I don't find anything wrong with designers offering a variety of heel heights. It's not like there aren't any high heel options out there.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor
Why does it have to be banned because you don't like them? There are zillions of shoes out there. Just don't buy them.
Honored Contributor

If you ban my mom heel then I will be out of at least 3 pair of loafers I can't go shoeless.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

If you don't like the "mom heel"....just don't buy the shoe, or the jeans. It's that simple.

Honored Contributor

All but a couple missed the point. I LOVE flats! The perpendicular lines creates a dressier look to the eye. Softer lines equate to casual...very, very casual.

Unfortunately "don't buy the shoe" is becoming harder & harder to achieve. More & more designers are going for that softer design.

I have to add....I'm seeing the Mom Heel in high-heeled shoes/boots, as well.

Trusted Contributor

I'll never understand the use of "mom" as a pejorative adjective. Fashions change and vary and I see nothing wrong with low heels. I spent the summer in London, and unlike previous years, I saw almost no women wearing high heels. I guess they must all be "moms".

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.