Super Contributor

your favorite non-leather handbags, shoes?

Thanks to this forum I have added cork and Baggalini to my list of purses to check out. My resolution is to no longer buy anything leather, this will not be hard for handbags or wallets. It will be an issue for shoes as I have feet, knee, and hip issues which I need to deal with first, arch support is a must. I have found some Vionics which work well, however they are adding more leather to the line and moving away from manmade. Any brand, material suggestions from other non-leather wearers?

TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: your favorite non-leather handbags, shoes?

I have a couple of Big Buddha handbags that are non-leather and I like them. They're large, I don't know if most of the Big Buddha bags are large....just going by the ones I have and the "Big" in the brand name.

There is also a brand called "RED", I'm not sure who makes them, but they are a soft vinyl or something like that, that looks somewhat like leather, and the styles are cute.

Of course, there's Vera Bradley, if you like fabric and patterns.

Super Contributor

Merrell, for casual and outdoor footwear. I have hip and back issues as well, and these are the best for me. They offer selections in canvas and other lightweight materials. Excellent comfort and quality. Not much in the way of dress shoes, though.
Esteemed Contributor

I have a nylon bag by Kenneth Cole Reaction, and a faux leather tote bag by Sorial. You need to do look online at major shopping sites.

Respected Contributor

blueroses, RED by Marc Ecko! i have 5 or six and i LOVE them, but i haven't seen them around lately. they are really soft and great non-leather quality. they are nice bags and i would definitely recommend them.

also OP, i recently picked up a non-leather bag by The Sak. i'm very happy with it.

i also own a baggalini and am very happy with it as well, but was just this morning looking at some nylon bags that were featured on an accessory show. i can't remember the name of the bag, but it was a cross-body bag and was very nice looking.

good luck in your search, and if you uncover any new 'gems' please let us know!

Honored Contributor

Well, Vera Bradley has a ton of fabric bags, so that won't be too hard to find a style that suits you.

I like Birki's (with Birkoflor uppers) for your non-leather sandals.

Curacao | Beige Stripes | 527203Menorca | Splash Rose | 142853Milos | Holi Brown | 267803

Honored Contributor

I have a Dana Buchman faux leather handbag from Kohl's that I really like. I've seen other nice looking handbags there, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 blueroses47 said:

I have a couple of Big Buddha handbags that are non-leather and I like them. They're large, I don't know if most of the Big Buddha bags are large....just going by the ones I have and the "Big" in the brand name.

There is also a brand called "RED", I'm not sure who makes them, but they are a soft vinyl or something like that, that looks somewhat like leather, and the styles are cute.

Of course, there's Vera Bradley, if you like fabric and patterns.

Another fan of Big Budda for non leather bags. I have a woven blue/ gray that I use during the nasty Chicago Winters, has held up perfectly. Lots of compliments!
Trusted Contributor

On 9/13/2014 fancy pantsy said:

blueroses, RED by Marc Ecko! i have 5 or six and i LOVE them, but i haven't seen them around lately. they are really soft and great non-leather quality. they are nice bags and i would definitely recommend them.

also OP, i recently picked up a non-leather bag by The Sak. i'm very happy with it.

i also own a baggalini and am very happy with it as well, but was just this morning looking at some nylon bags that were featured on an accessory show. i can't remember the name of the bag, but it was a cross-body bag and was very nice looking.

good luck in your search, and if you uncover any new 'gems' please let us know!

That's right, Marc Ecko. I had just forgotten that. I have three of those RED bags. I like them very much.

Honored Contributor

LeSportsac and I'm starting to get into VB. I never buy leather bags, too heavy.