Super Contributor

Deleting all opinions QVC.... Why?

for a forum of opinions its hysterical that any that critique of the fashions or hosts are now deleted I guess we will all become sheep soon

Trusted Contributor

Re: Deleting all opinions QVC.... Why?

What?

Plenty of opinions expressed here every day!

Honored Contributor

They did a poll recently and the majority wanted the nasty stuff deleted. Maybe their definition of nasty varies.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the poll showed that most wanted the negatives about the hosts and vendors be monitored and or deleted. Lots of nastiness. For my take, they are just doing their job and I doubt any one of us would appreciate some of the comments hurled at them from a few.

Super Contributor

No way! Tons of opinions!

Respected Contributor

I have had two (same subject) thread deleted in two days and for no reason except I asked a legitimate question about marriage (same gender). I had very nice answers no snarks or uglies at all and POOF they were gone.

Are same gender couples not allowed to be on these boards? It appears not to me.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 golfcartrider said:

I have had two (same subject) thread deleted in two days and for no reason except I asked a legitimate question about marriage (same gender). I had very nice answers no snarks or uglies at all and POOF they were gone.

Are same gender couples not allowed to be on these boards? It appears not to me.

I would hope that no one find fault with same gender couples but who knows? Most of the vendors/reps and guests on QVC are part of a same gender relationship.

Super Contributor

Three of my opinions were deleted last week ... nothing mean spirited, just MY opinion on different subjects. I understand it's the Q's right to censor, but how can we make educated buying decisions (or anything else), if we do not know "both sides."

Stop poofing some and not all ... there are plenty of bashing posts that remain!

Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 champagnepoodle said:
On 9/13/2014 golfcartrider said:

I would hope that no one find fault with same gender couples but who knows? Most of the vendors/reps and guests on QVC are part of a same gender relationship.

If my threads had been mean spirited, accusing, spreading rumors or just plain untrue I could understand the poofing.

I don't think it is written anywhere in the guide lines is it? If it is someone please enlighten me. Or better yet would the moderator please make a statement as to what the problem is.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 depglass said:

They did a poll recently and the majority wanted the nasty stuff deleted. Maybe their definition of nasty varies.

Hi, depglass!

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's the interpretation of what's nasty and what's acceptable which is so darned confusing and terribly inconsistent. Plus, if we read the standards they say we can't discuss anything "controversial." That's ambiguous enough to apply to nearly anything.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova