Super Contributor

Paging magicmoodz: A website you'll like

Hi magic!

While catching up on some newspapers I missed while on vacation, I saw an article and immediately thought of you. It was the cover story in the 9/4 Personal Journal section of the Wall Street Journal. The title of the article was "The Closet to Envy is Half Full."

But what really caught my attention was the mention of a website, GretchensCloset.com. The blogger writes of her desire to simplify her wardrobe and her love of a basic color palette (white, black and gray). Check it out when you have time!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paging magicmoodz: A website you'll like

Hi maddie ~

How sweet of you to give me a shout out! I will definitely take a look at Gretchen's Closet. It's ironic because just yesterday I was catching up with the Daily Connoisseur. I have also continued to follow Recovering Shopaholic, but she has been faltering with her goals and I need positive reinforcement. Smile

The weather is turning here--I think it was only 40 degrees when I got up this morning. Fall is definitely in the air. This, of course, prompted me to do a closet purge. I parted with 6 pairs of sandals/shoes and many tops and sweaters I decided I no longer love! Saying goodbye to a few belongings gives me "permission" to replace. I don't see a need to replace any sandals or shoes at this time, but I do plan to add a few fun sweaters. I still consider my cashmere sweaters special, but I have worn them so much the last few years, I think I need a bit of a break from them.

I hope you had a great vacation. You certainly deserved a get-away after the chaos you endured at your home for so many months. Was it San Francisco? I would love to hear about it!

Super Contributor

Re: Paging magicmoodz: A website you'll like

Wow, magic, I can't believe you're having 40 degree temperatures! We are experiencing a "cold front" here in Dallas. Our high temp today is supposed to be in the 70s! The weather people are calling this weekend "a hint of fall." But next week it will be back in the mid- and upper 80s.

Sweetie and I went to the San Diego/La Jolla/Encinitas area to visit his younger daughter and her family, including a new 3-week-old granddaughter! She is such a doll and a really good baby. Her two-year-old brother is in the midst of his terrible twos. Need I say more? We went to the San Diego Zoo, the Aquarium, and Disneyland. We stayed at the lovely La Costa Resort and Spa. It reminded me a lot of Bacara, where we stayed last year in Santa Barbara.

I, too, am gearing up to part with some old items that I no longer wear. I'm actually looking forward to it! I also want to start putting away some of the summer clothes that look too "summery." I want to hear all about your shopping adventures and replacement pieces!

The WSJ article I mentioned above really hit home. I hope you can locate it online. It will definitely speak to you.

Hugs,

Maddie