Honored Contributor

Do you have - or do you plan to have - the current "in style" motorcycle jacket?

I think almost every designer here has one. I like them, and they look cute on some, but not on me. I'll stick to my classic blazer-style leather and suede jackets I've had for years! Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have - or do you plan to have - the current ""in style"" motorcycle jacket?

I have several of them. They are all very short (sit at the waist) and are made in either real lamb or faux leather. I have a white one from Barney's. That's my favorite. The other two are black and one I got from HSN is dark brown. I love the biker look. I never say Moto. Sounds contrived and euro trash to me. I have biker boots too.

The look has been around forever. It's just huge now, one reason safe and conservative QVC is willing to stick their necks out and offer it. It started from the ground up with the old Doc Martins clunky boots from years ago. Bigger this year was the slip dress with clunky boots. The dainty, flirty and short thin dress paired with boots. I see them all over campus this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have - or do you plan to have - the current ""in style"" motorcycle jacket?

I have two "modified" biker style jackets in faux leather that Susan Graver did a couple of years ago. They have the zippers, slightly distressed "leather" look, etc. but not the total biker look. Just enough of it to satisfy me. I have them in black and brown, and I've compared them to some real leather ones in the stores, and I think they look really good in comparison, especially for being "faux". Smile

Respected Contributor

I like the style.

I'm not a fan of blazers. I will wear almost anything other than a traditional blazer.

But I have plenty of coats and jackets, and I'm not in the market for anything new.

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure what you mean by "current in style". True motorcycle jackets never really go out of style.

I have several, some with a variation on the theme; i.e., belt - no belt, asymmetrical zip vs. straight; traditional black versus color. I tend to wear my black more than any other, though.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased one in faux leather last year and love it. Gets lots of compliments.

Honored Contributor

I don't have one but I hope to get one in a few months. There are several versions, some I like and some I don't think would work for me.

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 SoX said:

Not sure what you mean by "current in style". True motorcycle jackets never really go out of style.

I have several, some with a variation on the theme; i.e., belt - no belt, asymmetrical zip vs. straight; traditional black versus color. I tend to wear my black more than any other, though.

I've seen them through the years and always considered them high fashion. I've never paid attention and seen so many with the asymmetrical zip before though. I have a lot of suede jackets - both waist-length and longer, blazer-style. That's been my look for years. Maybe I should step out of the box and try a motorcycle one - my family and friends wouldn't believe it! Wink (I'm also a jean jacket girl on weekends. About 15 years ago I went crazy at Coldwater Creek and bought them in many colors!)

DH has a motorcycle. He used to ride all of the time, but now keeps it at his family's rural home, which is about 6 hours from here! I rode one for the first time when we visited his family after our honeymoon! I always looked forward to our rides through the country when we were up there. See - I guess I should get one just because of those memories! Smile

Respected Contributor

I have several, all faux leather, purchased last season. The ones I got from HSN are the best G Rancic.

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 sparklestar said:

I have several, all faux leather, purchased last season. The ones I got from HSN are the best G Rancic.

I love hearing this - I have a few of hers on my Favorites list.