Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUES!

Good morning friends! I made it through the day yesterday only buying what was necessary, but I sure did not do a workout last night or this morning.

I am pining for a new pair of heels and have seen one pair on two different sites that I think I would love. I have to remind myself that I just don't wear heels like I used to. So I'm not sure if I will buy or not. I also found a beautiful red leather Michael Kors bag on ebay. It has a couple marks on it but I almost bid on it anyway, backed out at the last moment. Wanty does not go dormant for long!

Today I'm having lunch with a friend and tonight visiting a neighboring Celebrate Recovery for their one year anniversary. That is about all the excitement here. What is everyone up to?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUES!

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. I can certainly appreciate the call of "wanty". I'm much better, but still get so involved in looking for and wanting things I really don't need. Enjoy your lunch and meeting tonight.

I made it to Curves, but I didn't do a DVD yesterday. I did march/walk in place for 30 minutes, but I didn't make it to 10,000 steps. Oh well -- I was close, but.... Areas north of here had tons of rain yesterday, but we didn't have too much rain. It was cooler than normal, and it was nice on our walk this morning (low 70's and some clouds).

Today I have my volunteer job at the senior lunch program, and I plan to go to the gym later in the afternoon. I am feeling very guilty since I took DH to the library while I went to the bookclub meeting yesterday, and they closed the library quite early. He was sitting outside for more than an hour, and there was no one there when I returned. He forgot his cell phone. Anyway, I have resolved to make sure he always has his phone when we leave the house. At least it wasn't too hot yesterday.

The neurologist didn't get the results of my carotid artery test before my appointment, which upset him (and me). But, later his office called, and said my results were okay. I don't need to go back to see him for six months. So, I think I'm pretty much finished with my post-accident medical treatment.

DH and I both got letters since our medical records were hacked into by Chinese hackers. So, they offered us free identity theft monitoring for a year. I'm sure I'll be hearing from Home Depot in a while. It almost seems like keeping your information secure is impossible. Hope that we don't suffer any problems.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I can understand dealing with Mr. ""Wanty"". For me it is a constant struggle. I just have to avoid some of my weak spots!!

Linda: Happy to hear your results were okay--waiting is always difficult.

Medical records hacked--oh my goodness. I saw the reports of all the rain in Phoenix and thought about you---although I know you don't live in the immediate area. My Aunt and Uncle lived there for years and I remember her telling of people unfamiliar with the dry washes and being swept away in rain events.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I would be upset if (when) my medical records get hacked - that is disturbing. My ex's Mom looked at my Linked In account yesterday - they send an email saying "so and so" looked at your profile" and it made me nervous, but now that I'm thinking about it I may have seen hers and clicked on it - I'm not sure. Morbid curiosity I suppose.

Sorry about DH having to wait for you - I would feel badly as well.

Linda, I'm feeling that fall is coming - and so happy about it!

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Kathleen - Thank you for starting the thread today. I know "wanty" has been whispering in my ear, I have bought a couple tops for fall but that is about it. I need to go thru my shoes and get rid of what I am not wearing. I know I don't wear heels much anymore, but I do like to have a couple basic color pairs just in case. I think I will get rid of the heels I have and get a couple pairs of Clarks heels (pump style), I decided I need a little more cushioning in my shoes. When I was younger I could wear heels all day and it did not bother me, now not so much. Have fun with your friend at lunch today.

LindaL - Glad the test results were good, even if you got them late. Sorry DH had to wait so long the other day. My DH has a small basket by the door with his wallet, phone, watch and meds in it, every time he leaves to go somewhere everything is right there and he doesn't forget anything - This is why men should carry purses.

Sorry about your medical records being hacked, I know computers make some things easier, but you never had anything hacked before when everything was on paper only. Guess that is the price we pay for convenience.

LindaR - I try to stay away from the weak spots, but sometimes you just "have" to check it out to see what is new. My weakness is purses and wallets, I always surf the net for a new and better one, I have been good about not ordering.

Not much exciting going on here today, I do have to sweep the floors downstairs, the dog hair is starting to show. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do today, besides get started on this week's homework. I'm really enjoying the classes I'm taking right now, so it's something that's pretty much fun. I have to take the dogs somewhere; not sure where yet. I bought two cookbooks from Ollie's last week, and although I wasn't sure if I had one of them or not (I got it anyway, figuring I could return it, since I had a coupon that covered my entire purchase), to my surprise I already had both of them! I'm also returning the cat spray to PetSmart; it's done no good whatsoever, and since I discovered who the culprit is, I'll just clip her nails every few days. I can't do much of anything else until I get some money I'm awaiting - it's supposed to be transferred early this week.

It got hot as heck yesterday, and on my way home from the bank even the car AC couldn't keep up. We stopped off at a park that's nice but that I don't often go to as I refuse to pay $5 for parking, especially at a PUBLIC park; only reason we went was because I saw a free parking spot in a shopping center a couple of blocks away. Afterwards we went to a gourmet doggy bakery as I needed to refill the dogs' water and I figured I'd buy them a treat (after they got treats at the bank's drive-thru window, which they've come to think of as just another fast food place, lol!), but the owner was very nice and gave us the water and also gave them each a few free treats, as well as a free sample bag of dog food. I ended up spending time in my pool after all; the water was too cool for swimming (I really have to get a solar heater for it next year), but I got the leaves that somehow get under the solar cover scooped out and relaxed for a while on the float.

I'm sure you're relieved to have your accident-related medical treatment, Linda; I hope you don't have any problems because of the hacked accounts.

Susan, I love purses as well, and have decided to get one for one of my cousins for Christmas...which gives me an excuse to go and look at them again. If I happen to find one I can't live without for myself, well... Wink Have you checked out the Anuschka wallets and purses on ShopHQ? I love the wallets I've gotten from them, and the purses are gorgeous - I'm thinking my favorite bear (who is VERY generous) might get me one for Christmas, especially since they so frequently offer six payments. I have a hand-painted purse from them with kitties on them which LindaR MADE me get; I'd like to get one in darker colors for winter - in fact, I "need" a grey purse (thanks to grey shoes that Jules MADE me buy!) and they have two that I like very much.

Well, I guess I'd better get moving - I'll play it by ear and see where we end up.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Ohhh enablers. I saw the kitty handbag and immediately thought of you!!