Super Contributor
Perfect example of why not everyone can wear those skinny pants, jeans, leggings. They make her look like an upside down triangle. She needs to stick with straight or boot cut pants to even out her bottom size with her top size. This look doesn't do anything for garment sales and it certainly doesn't help her look. But of course these designers are all pushing those skinny pants not taking into consideration that a large number of women just should not wear them. Sorry, Carolyn, you rally should stand up and say something to the "experts" that are dressing you.
Super Contributor

Sorry, but I disagree. The only flaw Carolyn made in wearing the TSV leggings is her top was a tad too short. Really, anyone can wear leggings, if paired with the correct top and accessories. She needed to put a longer top underneath (skinny tee perhaps?) her top she wore or choose a longer, true tunic to pair with the leggings. Frankly, I think she looked cute.

Respected Contributor

I could not disagree with you more. I think she looks great and they are figure flattering. I despise boot cut pants. Contrary to popular belief, they do not balance out every figure type. I am tall and I love and look best a straight, tapered leg. I think too much fabric on any figure type is not a good thing. JMO.

Respected Contributor
I don't think it's a flattering look on Carolyn. Plus having the longer top hanging under a short jacket just emphasizes her widest part.
Esteemed Contributor

I thought when Carolyn had on the longer pink top w/ the leggings she looked very nice. I do agree that leggings look best w/ longer tops...on all body types...and again...JMHO. I think when wearing leggings the tunic length looks the best on most body types...unless you are wearing your leggings to go running or working out...and are very fit. I thought last night for the TSV launch...Leah looked adorable in the leggings w/ the tunic she was wearing.

Re boot cut...I like a straight leg, slight boot cut for my body type. Straight as in from the knee to ankle is same width. I personally don't look great w/ a slight taper to leg because it makes me, at least to me, look like a top heavy ice cream cone. I am size 6-8 but wear a D cup...so I do need a bit of balance.

But the great thing about 'fashion' or at least clothing these days...is there seems to be a ton of options. So we all get many styles to pick from.

Yay! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

The leggings on Carolyn are too tight and they make her look heavier than she is. These are not flattering pants. She is wearing a longer top over the pants but it still does not look good. Why did she roll up her pant legs!!!! That is not a flattering look on her.

Super Contributor

I agree. The skinny leggings are not a good look for her, at least not the way she is wearing them today.

Super Contributor

I think she looks great today. Boot cut to me are outdated looking......even though some people will always wear them. I think they make anyone look heavier with all the fabric at the bottom

Trusted Contributor
I don't think women are ever going to agree on leggingsSmiley Sad. Every fall on different sites I see women arguing about leggings...I for one, was happy to see her this am in leggings, not crazy about the cuff, but finally she doesn't look so matronly...I think some women get to a certain age and think they have to wear mom jeans, comfortable shoes, short hair etc....wear what you love and feel comfortable in...leggings have been around a long time, they aren't going anywhere. It's my opinion that the only women that shouldn't wear leggings are those who carry their weight in the calf area, perhaps a boot cut would look better....I like boot cut, straight and super straight/skinny jeans...always wear leggings with a longer top or layering piece..if you don't feel it's right for you, then don't wear them...but don't knock em' til you tried them...they are super comfy...
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Super Contributor

I totally agree. Somedays Carolyn looks great. Today she looks like a pumpkin. It is those horrible pants she has on with the huge oversized top.