Honored Contributor

New Nordstrom Rack store openings

I got this email about some new stores opening: Sorry about that. It's the Rack, not the regular Nordstrom.

Join us at 8:00am of Grand Opening day - before our doors officially open - for music, breakfast treats and more! Enter for a chance to win one of thirty $100 gift cards. Plus, one lucky winner will receive a $1,000 gift card and early access to the store.* Doors open at 9:00am.

• Chicago, IL
    1118 South Canal Street
    Opens: 9/9
  • Beavercreek, OH
    33 Greene Boulevard
    Opens: 9/10
  • Flushing, NY
    4024 College Point Boulevard
  • Houston, TX
    2000 Willowbrook Mall
  • Tempe, AZ
    1900 East Rio Salado Parkway
    Opens: 10/3
  • Madison, WI
    7349 West Towne Way
  • Brentwood, TN
    330 Franklin Road
  • Greenville, SC
    1025 Woodruff Road
  • Palm Beach, FL
    1865 Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard
    Opens: 10/8
  • Livingston, NJ
    530 West Mount Pleasant Avenue
  • Brooklyn, NY
    550 Gateway Drive
  • Summerlin, NV
    2310 Park Center Drive
    Opens: 10/24
  • Des Moines, IA
    320 South Jordan Creek Parkway
  • Philadelphia, PA
    1700 Chestnut Street
  • Columbia, SC
    278 Harbison Boulevard
  • Lake Brandon, FL
    11201 Causeway Boulevard
Valued Contributor

Re: New Nordstrom Rack store openings

Darn! Still not one in Montana. We apparently don't have the population to support one.

Oops! Just realized you said Nordstrom Rack -- we don't even have a regular Nordstrom!

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Lanikins said:

Darn! Still not one in Montana. We apparently don't have the population to support one.

Oops! Just realized you said Nordstrom Rack -- we don't even have a regular Nordstrom!

Yeah...I got fooled by that too. The Rack is nice. It's their clothing and other stuff that is moving out of the department stoes, so they're cheaper. But I have to look carefully to see if it's the store or the rack. We have both and I shop both. But if you're online at the Rack, you can't return to a regular Nordstrom. It has to be at another Rack. Picky, picky, picky!

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Lanikins said:

On the opposite the Canal St. location makes the third in what is considered to be downtown Chicago.

It's overkill and frankly I've become bored with my downtown being filled with multiple locations of the same stores selling the same stuff (4-Sephoras, 3-Ann Taylors, 4-Lofts, 3- Gaps etc.){#emotions_dlg.bored}. I would prefer to see some unique boutiques in the mix, but that's not going to happen.

Honored Contributor

Our local Rack is unique in that it is located in the basement of our regular Nordie's store, they bring the items down from upstairs, and lower the price, definitely an advantage.

Esteemed Contributor

Depending on where you live, Nordstrom Racks aren't that convenient or close by. If you live in Vancouver, BC, the closest Nordstrom Rack is north of Seattle, near the Alderwood Mall which is at least a 2.5-3 hour drive away. Even Everett and Bellingham don't have a Nordstrom Rack.

Vancouver, Canada will be getting a regular Nordstrom in the fall of 2015 but I don't think Canada will get a Nordstrom Rack.

When I was on a trip to the Washington, D.C. area a few weeks ago, we visited both the Nordstrom store at the Tysons Corner mall in Virginia and then walked up to the Nordstrom Rack store that was near to the mall.

Super Contributor

There is a fairly new Rack in the nearest Mall but its at the opposite end so I only occasionally go there. I found a nice leather BeBe moto jacket there last year. I can find things but it's too far to go every few days. The restroom is nice.