Trusted Contributor

Aran sweaters, anyone purchasing?

Despite this morning's host (ack!) I was intrigued by some of the Aran sweaters that I got to see before work, particularly the Tree of Life one. I'm contemplating ordering this one or perhaps the scalloped bottom one. I love how when you view each sweater, there is an explanation of what the various stitches represent. I have two other sweaters, by Inis Crafts, purchased at TJ Maxx, and love them - a long blue-green sweater coat with a hood and Celtic knot zipper, and a more traditional fisherman's cardigan in natural.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Aran sweaters, anyone purchasing?

If they ever do a semi-fitted, natural-color, classic pullover Fisherman's sweater (not unisex; one just for women) I'll be first in line to order!!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

That's a great idea, Gardensia! The "real deal" but with some fit to it - I would purchase too.

Respected Contributor

I'm allergic to wool, I start itching just looking at these sweaters! I love the styles though and wish they would offer some without wool content.

Respected Contributor

I would love another Aran sweater - maybe a soft pastel sweater coat. BUT I have a real issue with the sleeves being so long and so loose at the cuff. I like cuffs that you can leave down around the wrist or push up - not cuffs I have to roll up to make them fit. So far, I haven't seen anything like that.

Regular Contributor

The Tree of Life sweater is the one I really like too. I drool over it every yr, but never get it bc the price is a little steep. Are the sweaters itchy? I asked that on the Rose of Tralee board, but thought someone on this thread would know. I will have to look for the Inis label @ TJ Maxx. I had no idea they had those sweaters! :-)
Trusted Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Bandwife said: The Tree of Life sweater is the one I really like too. I drool over it every yr, but never get it bc the price is a little steep. Are the sweaters itchy? I asked that on the Rose of Tralee board, but thought someone on this thread would know. I will have to look for the Inis label @ TJ Maxx. I had no idea they had those sweaters! :-)

Check your TJ's periodically throughout the fall - then again early in December - big bundles of Inis Craft sweaters and occasionally scarves, hats and gloves arrive - but they go quick!

Itchers - I do have to wear these as layering pieces. However they are so warm! They say we're in for another winter like last year. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I have 6 Irish sweaters that I've collected over the years. After this past winter, I was very grateful that I had them!

My favorite is A92282:

Kilronan Merino Wool Empire Waist 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan

Very flattering, not boxy in the least and the sleeves aren't an issue since they are 3/4! I have this one in chambray, green and purple.

And just to point out, I find the Irish sweaters to run large. I'm a true size 8 and my Irish sweaters are all an XS.

Honored Contributor

I purchased the new cape. (sight unseen)

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/2/2014 lulu2 said:

I purchased the new cape. (sight unseen)

This one? Very chic, indeed!

LINK

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat