Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 9/2)

Good morning, shopping friends. I've just made the 90 mile round trip to take Midnight to the vet for boarding. I'm relaxing with a cup of coffee and watching QVC. I'll then pack the luggage which I can't do when Midnight is around. It sends a signal to him. I spent 3 hours once getting him out of hiding. After that, I've been taking him to the vet and then returning home to pack.

I'll leave the house this afternoon and retrace the morning route on my way to pick up the others and then go to the airport city to stay overnight before catching the morning flight. I'm changing my carry on bag so there is some adjusting in how I pack the bag I put under the seat. This is a rolling under the seat carry on but it looks as if it would fit under the middle or window seat but the aisle seat is iffy and I always choose an aisle seat. With the stroke risk, I have go flex my legs frequently and get up and walk so an aisle seat is a necessity.

I'm not in the mood for the TSV, so it won't be coming home to me. I like some subtle Quaker items but I don't want to sparkle that much when wearing a jacket or the matching pants. The little heart is acceptable.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 9/2)

Hello Jean,

Thanks for getting us started. I can so relate to travel and pets. Our dogs "know" when we are going on a trip or heading out to go fishing. It is amazing how perceptive they are.

I haven't bought Quacker items before but did see a dragon fly shirt set that I thought was very attractive. A few years ago, I was into a lot a bling, not so much anymore. I am glad to see that the line has a little bit of everything.

We have had a bunch of needed rain the last few days and the temps are slightly milder. It has been nice to sit on the deck without melting.

Quiet day today. I hope you have a great trip Jean!

Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies, sorry to hear about your niece's mom Jean. I imagine she will have hard decisions to make in the next few hours. Glad that Midnight has been taken care of so I imagine that's a big check off on your list. I have not seen the s/v yet,will have to take a peek but if a lot of sparkles on it it's something not for me.

Not much going on here it's hot today,weatherman saying the next few days will be like our July that we never had...I'll take it. Off to the supermarket then hanging around the pool later. Have a wonderful time Jean,safe travels.

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Glad you got Midnight to the vet with no problems, you know you will have to make it up to him when you get back. I am sorry to hear about your niece's mother, I do hope she can make the trip and take of things when she comes back. I am sorry if that sounds terrible, but she probably needs this trip now more than ever.

EGW - Gayle (?), am I correct on the name? I blanked out on it, sorry. My dog knows when we are leaving, so like Jean I take him to the kennel first then get out the suitcases and pack.

Mari Jane - Have a good day in the pool.

Not much going on here today, I did my running around this morning and got the dog his meds and food at the vets and I do have ironing to do this afternoon. I am actually thinking about getting out my fall clothes and checking to see what I have. I cleaned a lot of shirts out last year and am not sure what I have anymore.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm more or less ready to go. I have about three hours to pull it all together if I don't change my mind again. My niece is going on the trip. A minister who is also a family member on the sister-in-law side talked to her and convinced her that she needed to go on the trip as that is what her mother would want her to do. In addition, the sister told her that she should go and remember her mother the way she wanted while gone. As a result, she feels she has support for her decision. I'm really glad that she is going. We had planned a variety of activities that are physically challenging. Chances are very good that neither one of us will be able to do them in the future. Aging, bad knees, bad hips, bad neck, etc. takes its toll. My niece is on orders now not to lift heavy items as she is scheduled for neck surgery on her return.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Glad you got Midnight to the vets, and very happy your niece will be coming on the trip.

I will not be buying the TSV since I have three jean jackets already -- more than enough since our "jacket wearing" season is not very long.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Hi Gayle -- sounds like you are having some nice weather. Do you live in the Southwest like me? I live in southern Arizona, and it is still hot and dry around here. Not bad in the morning when we take our walk, but it should make it up near or to 100 degrees again today.

Enjoy your time around the pool Marijane. I went to the pool yesterday afternoon, and it was very crowded -- difficult to do my sort of "laps", but many of the people there were my friends and/or friendly people. It was nice for sure.

Hi Susan -- glad you got things done this morning. Sounds like a good idea to check out your Fall clothes. I still haven't pushed myself to try on my long pants -- I should be receiving the SG Milano knit pants I ordered today or tomorrow, and I want to find at least one pair to donate (hopefully two).

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, LindaR, Karen, twinny, Rosa, Sonya, Val, Nancy, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hopefully, DD and my SIL are well on their way to South Carolina. Their plan is to drive straight through (to save $$ on hotels), but it is a rather long drive. At least they can share driving. Over the weekend, my DGS's car had issues (hoses broke, and antifreeze went everywhere), but hopefully it will be fine now. He will be driving to college and taking the younger guy to football practice while DD is away. Not a good time to have a broken car.

I have my volunteer job at the senior lunch program today, and I should be able to register for "classes" (discussion groups) when I get home. If all goes well, I will go to the gym later.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's a hot, sunny day, so I'm going to spend it in the pool. I had intended to go to the PO and get some packages mailed out, including a care package for my cousin who had the mastectomy, but it can wait until tomorrow. I might take the dogs to the park for a swim this evening, as it's been a couple of days since Autumn had one - I hate that it's getting dark so early now. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Honeybun no longer trembles in fear when we wade into the water; in fact, she's started to lie down in it and looks at me with a big grin as if she's so proud of herself. She'll get to be a swimmer yet! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Well, Ziggy and a dog are tied for #13 on the calendar, so I don't know what they're going to do - the top 13 winners make the calendar. I saw that two of the winning entries are cats - one with a Christmas stocking and one with reindeer ears - so perhaps they'll split the December page and show them both.

Thankfully after two weeks of probiotics and a second dose of de-wormer, Svetlana has stopped pooping on the rug; I now have to shampoo it...again. (I did it just before my trip.) Shoshanna is having a ball swinging on the curtain sheers, but I found a replacement set on Amazon for under $5 - but I won't put them up until she's out of this phase. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

My friend found out that the house she had been thinking of buying has asbestos siding, so she's glad the deal fell through. I'm shocked that it's legal to sell a house with that down here since it's a known carcinogen, but the Realtor said it is. Yesterday we had lunch at Olive Garden, as I wanted to take advantage of their "eat one meal and take one home" offer, then we went to look at another house. This one was miles from anywhere or anything, and would have given her a fairly long commute. It looked cute on the outside, but the Realtor wasn't able to get hold of the listing Realtor to give her the code so we could get inside. On the ride home my friend decided against it, which I think is a good move.

I picked up my layway at TJ Maxx on my way home - it was a few baskets that you hang on the inside of kitchen cabinet doors, and I think they're going to work out very well. One is perfect for my pot lids, and I think I'll use the other one for the few bottles of liquor that I have for baking. I also got a few artificial plants; some of the ones I have have been "attacked". {#emotions_dlg.crying} I saw two purses I liked a lot: one was black and was perfect in every way, except the handle was very, very short - it wasn't a handbag style that you'd carry by the strap (it was quite large), and the strap barely fit on my shoulder. With a winter coat, I don't think it would have been comfortable at all. The other one was also perfect...except for the color: it was orange. Now, orange is one of my favorite colors, but I already have an orange purse that I've never used, since I don't swap purses out with every outfit like I used to and orange doesn't go with a whole lot. I'm hoping I'll see it one day in a neutral color.

The TSV is cute, but not only is it not my style (I don't like all that bling), but the season for lightweight jackets here is very, very short - I have several I've had for years and have never worn. I miss the old QF, with the lovely intarsia sweaters and the cute shirts with button covers. I still have quite a few sweaters, but I sold the shirts when they became too big.

Marijane, the forecast is for hot weather for the rest of the week, so I too am hoping it'll be like the "July that wasn't."

Hope DGS's car is up and going soon, LindaL.

Jean, glad to hear you won't be making the trip alone. I think Midnight is trying to tell you that you forgot to pack something; apparently he's heard about all that nice Ahi and wants to go get some:

Guess I'd better get moving; have a blessed day, everyone!

Valued Contributor

Hello,

Linda, I am a Texas girl. Here most of my life but my Dad was in the military so there was quite a bit of movement in my childhood.

PALady, yep it is Gayle. I am still learning names too.

Just back from shopping, unintentional shopping. I bough a pair of croc flops and clarks sandals and with coupons, discounts etc the total cost for both was a little of 20 dollars. I am real hard on shoes and clothes so when I can get good, comfortable brands for a song I jump on it. Plus, in Texas these can be worn almost throughout the year.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! All this talk of trips is getting very exciting! I had a full day and earned my "second shower" as I like to call it. Puppy walked in the door after work and has hardly moved. Tomorrow I will leave her home because I am going to Austin to this Ghengis Grill I keep hearing about. Meeting a sweet girlfriend/former coworker.

Cooking is still one of the hardest things for me about being alone. Nothing sounds good - don't want to cook a whole can of veggies then eat them for the next week.

I have been pricing tickets to go to Vegas for the Ball in Nov, and DH is checking to see if he will be able to take off.

I had some terrible itching going on the past 3 days - took showers and tried everything to eliminate the irritant, wash bedding and doggie. I think it was some new spaghetti sauce I tried - will test in a few days when I'm sure it's gone.