Esteemed Contributor

Anyone wear Soma bras? Looking for good push-up bra - any advice?

I've only worn Wacoal body suede bras for the last several years. I've lost weight and now I'd like to try a good push-up bra. I'm a 32DD or 34D. I'm very curious about Soma bras.....anybody wear them? Do you recommend Soma?
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone wear Soma bras? Looking for good push-up bra - any advice?

A year or so ago, I would have recommended SOMA bras. Not anymore. Their Vanishing Back bras have changed and do not last. They are pricey yet their current quality is something from a dollar store.

Honored Contributor

Plan A - Go to your local bra boutique to be properly fitted for a push up bra.

Plan B - Victoria Secrets (need I say more?)

Plan C - Federicks Of Hollywood

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I have 8 SOMA bras and they are not Dollar Store quality. I won't wear ju-unk like that. I'd call them JC Penney quality. However, if it's push-up you want, they got it.

I have purchased 9 bras from them. The one that bit the dust was a beautiful aubergene and the deal with that was that one of the wires poked through. Even though I sewed it back in several times and even glued it back in, it was not going to stay in. I was really ticked.

However, the vanishing back bras I love, as I find them quite comfortable and I'm a 38DD.

Re Victoria Secret bras - I purchased 4 at once and every single one of those bras had wires that broke through. Additionally, I found the bras very uncomfortable.

So...I tend to wait for the SOMA emails and purchase when bras are on sale or clearance.

p.s. Drives my DH crazy when I want to wash my bras in cold water, gentle cycle, as he can't put anything in with him. I keep him I don't want any of his clothes in with mine anyway. LOL! (I use the washer vice hand wash as I perspire and need to make sure that my bras receive a thorough cleaning.)

Honored Contributor

I would but they discontinued the only bra I bought from them {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Try them, they have 32's

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your experience. Looks like I will need to visit the Soma store.