Honored Contributor

O/T Thanks to all the teachers!

Happy Labor Day friends! I went out to lunch with a friend and am about to go on the deck to read!

For those of you still teaching, I wish I could do it another million years! Instead, I've been asked to be Matron Of Honor in a former student's, now 26, wedding!

I've added all our part time (if there ever was such, you just don't get a planning period) and full time. We add up to be a WHOPPING 1,515! We don't know if that's all of us, but I left it up a long time!

WISH WE COULD ALL HAVE LUNCH TOGETHER!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T Thanks to all the teachers!

Teaching isn't the only profession to wish a Happy Labor Day too. Since you only specified that profession, I hereby wish everybody that works a happy and healthy Labor Day!

Honored Contributor

Aww, you two must have been (& still are) so close; what an honor!

Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

Teaching isn't the only profession to wish a Happy Labor Day too. Since you only specified that profession, I hereby wish everybody that works a happy and healthy Labor Day!

Didn't mean that at all. Forgot to add that it was our years of service that I added up. It would be interesting to see the total combined years of all the health care professions, public service, and others. Come on girls! Happy Labor Day to all of us!

Respected Contributor

For those great teachers out there, I appreciate all that you do.....The amazing ones are worth their weight in gold. Sadly, there are far too many who are not so great! In a private school setting or in a nice district, teaching is a very nice career/job to have. Inner city teachers and those in impoverished districts really have an up hill battle on a daily basis. To say that it's challenging would be a gross understatement. I wish everyone a good/successful year and hope, with all of my heart and soul, that no one experiences tragedy at school this year. Far too many incidents lately!